PDA

View Full Version : Artificial grass and grants....

shellib
29-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Good morning :)

I have just had a quote from a company called "Nomow" for artificial grass to be layed in my small back garden..... It would cost me just under £2,600 altogether!!

Is there any help available as in grants or loans for childminders??
Really would love to have artificial grass but if it's this price think i'l stick to natural....!

rickysmiths
29-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Its unlikely. As a Self Employed Business Woman you have to foot the bill as an expense of your business and right it off on your Tax Return in your expenses.

To be honest I personally think of anything worse than a fake lawn all that plastic on a hot day :eek: Surely Grass Seed would be a cheaper and more Environmentally friendly option?

TheBTeam
29-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Good morning :)

I have just had a quote from a company called "Nomow" for artificial grass to be layed in my small back garden..... It would cost me just under £2,600 altogether!!

Is there any help available as in grants or loans for childminders??
Really would love to have artificial grass but if it's this price think i'l stick to natural....!

What sort of size is your back garden? There are other companies, we used 'asgoodasgrass'. I know it doesnt have the same feel as real, but it has made my life as a childminder a million times easier, and actually feels quite nice in its own right!

Monkey1
30-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Try this hunny. We are getting ours from here. A local minder got some last year and said it was fantastic!

http://www.kccarpets.co.uk/artificialgrass/index.html

Blue Boy
30-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Its unlikely. As a Self Employed Business Woman you have to foot the bill as an expense of your business and right it off on your Tax Return in your expenses.

To be honest I personally think of anything worse than a fake lawn all that plastic on a hot day :eek: Surely Grass Seed would be a cheaper and more Environmentally friendly option?

We are looking to have artifical grass in our garden. At present we have play bark covering the main part of the garden. We did this as I am a hayfever suffer and since we have had the bark down I can now spend time in the garden not only with the mindees but also with my family. No more cutting of grass which can be brought into the house:clapping: If some of the bark goes onto the patio we just sweep it back. I would recommend other forms of coverage, anything to make our lives easier. We work from 7 in the morning until 6:30 at night I don't feel like cuttting the grass then.

jumpinjen
30-06-2010, 06:26 AM
I have requested a sample.... thought it might go well with the small world things!!

jen x

TheBTeam
30-06-2010, 12:03 PM
As good as grass will also send samples, these are good for the sensory stuff, the babies are fascinated by them, whether you buy the grass or not!

Blue Boy
30-06-2010, 03:50 PM
As good as grass will also send samples, these are good for the sensory stuff, the babies are fascinated by them, whether you buy the grass or not!

Thanks for the information, we have contacted them this morning, they are send samples and are coming on monday to give us a quote:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
30-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Have pm'd you Mick.

shellib
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanx guys for all your replys :)

Have decided to buy a couple of boxes of Evergreen for now!

Have jotted down the two companies that have been recommended and will price these, hopefully will be alot cheaper than last quote :D

shellib
07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I know it doesnt have the same feel as real, but it has made my life as a childminder a million times easier, and actually feels quite nice in its own right!

Absolutely! I know you cant beat real but for a number of reasons it seems like artificial grass is becoming more popualar especially for childminders....

Ok measurements :blush: ! I think the guy said its 54 square meters....! :huh:

Hebs
07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
My quote from asgoodasgrass was around the same price £2800!

Turf was £600!

haribo
07-07-2010, 04:45 PM
i used asgoodasgrass last year andf i haggled them well below the quoted price so worth a try ? best thing i ever did without a doubt :thumbsup: as for the feel; its lovely even on a baking hot day as it stays cool.. one of our joys last week was lying on our backs on it with our feet in the paddling pool. in my opinion its much better than the real thing if you want a clean, no fuss and comfortable covering :clapping: i did try and get a grant for it but no luck unfortunatley . i consider it well worth it though its like having another room . you can buy the materials at a fraction of the price and do it yourself if you have the time and patience. :laughing: