PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave again

teacake2
30-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi, I have the usual problem of what to charge while parents are on maternity leave. It is slightly different as three out of my four mums will be on ml at the same time. One has said that she wants C to attend as normal during leave, but I still have to keep a place open for baby, other parents want me to keep places open for new baby and the child who attends at present, how do I go about charging retainers or deposits for that lot? One thing I thought of was charging the two a minimum 0f 10 hours a week to keep both places and the older child can use these hours if wanted. If it was only one child involved and only for a short time I wouldn't bother but as it is all three and for up to twelve months it is a bit different. Another option for the two would be cancel the contracts and they take pot luck if the places are available if they do not want to take the option of paying for 10 hours. I have been stung in the past by keeping a place open for six months and the parents not bringing the baby or older one back, and as I could be losing out on a lot of money over the time nearly £100 per week (all part time) I am trying to work out the best solution. Sorry it is so long and I hope you can understand what I mean, any suggestions would be greatfully received.:idea: :idea: :idea: Teacake2

Angela234
30-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I would personly tell then to give me a ring closer to the time they want care and see if i have vacancies. I had a mum who came back from maternity leave last Easter i did hold her a place for the last 6 weeks but didn't take a deposit as i know her really well. If it happened again i would just take a deposit about 6 - 8 weeks before.

Its a long time to be just having a retainer.

Don't know what the others would do

Angela

angeldelight
30-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I would do the same as Angela to be honest

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
31-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I would do the same as Angela it is a long time to hold open a space for.

Lorraine xx

deeb66
31-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree also.

Good luck

Little Pumpkins
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I charge £100 retainer for a child starting more than a month in the future, this also comes off the parents final bill

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
:) Sorry to jump in the thread with a question but it's the same subject, kind of:)
Should i write in my policy what i would do if i went on mat leave? I'm putting down that i would charge a half fee retainer to keep the place open for a mum who went on mat leave but for me, i don't think i could charge anything. Would i put this in the policy?