PDA

View Full Version : buying 'second hand' resources

*donnalouise*
28-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section - Im new around here :)

Im currently well into the process of registering as a childminder (pre reg visit complete, awaiting CRB's) & have two children of my own - aged 9mth and 3yr.

I am gathering useful resources together, and trying to 'sort' through what I already have. I was wondering is it ok to buy second hand equipment and resources? My children have always had new, but I was wandering round the car boot the other week thinking it would be sooo much cheaper to buy second hand. Is this frouned upon by ofsted? Obviously I would check all toys for safety before using them

Thanks in advance x

PixiePetal
28-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Car boots are great places to get 'new' toys :thumbsup:

Check it all and give it a clean/wash - brill :D

Pipsqueak
28-06-2010, 08:29 PM
second hand is gooooooodddddd (its also recyling and kinder to the environment doncha know:D )
make sure what you are buying is fit for purpose
you can clean it when you get home
et voila lots of nice new (cheap) toys

the only thing I wouldn't buy is a carseat

Mookins
28-06-2010, 08:32 PM
excellent items from carboots,freecycle,friends and family, ebay you can even buy back your childrens toys to your business that they no longer use

i have my daughters grown out of car seat that im going to claim for as i know its safe to use

x x x x

jo f
28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
most definatly!!! I could't afford half the stuff i have if i didn't do charity shops, e- bay freecycle etc!
I like takin dd and mindee to carity book shops etc they love it!

The Juggler
28-06-2010, 08:58 PM
ooh and if you plan to use stuff which is/or was your own children's you can 'buy it back' for your business.

I only knew this after 3 years of minding!

huggableshelly
29-06-2010, 05:30 AM
check out your local papers too for toy sales.

school fetes will be taking place over the next month, its worth looking there for equipment too.

miffy
29-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Don't forget the "for sale" section on the forum - I've had some good bargains from there!

Miffy xx

Straws
29-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I love car boots, some of my best purchases have been brought at car boot sales, last week I brought fisher price little people bus all complete for £1, fishe price little people areoplane for £1, Thomas tank engine train 50p and thomas tank engine v tech activity phone £1 they cleaned up as good as new

Straws xx