PDA

View Full Version : do you ever have your toys making noises?

newandlearning
28-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm wondering if this is just me.. but sometimes the toys just start making noise... the garage will sound like its filling petrol.. the song books will make ET
type noises.. sometimes in the eve and sometimes when I'm asleep..

It freaks me out sometimes.. does anyone else find this? someone told me sometimes these are spirits trying to play games with us..:idea:

FussyElmo
28-06-2010, 07:50 PM
All the time gets to the point where I threaten to take all the batteries out of them.

Frosty the snowman in particular we could never rememeber replacing the batteries and it sang and sang even when the pup had it still sang :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miss mopple
28-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I had that once with my daughters disney princess castle. It would go off in the middle of the night and scare the life out of us :panic: I binned it in the end :blush:

miffy
28-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Sometimes, usually when the batteries are running low!

Miffy xx

Gizmo
28-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I have a pushalong that plays in the middle of the night when a lorry goes past the house :laughing:

sarah707
28-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I try very hard not to have anything with batteries - they drive me potty! :laughing: :D

Bushpig
28-06-2010, 07:56 PM
The train starts puffing away on it's own accord in the toybox downstairs... and in the dead of night it's freaky to hear... I automatically think someone has broken in to play with it :blush:

A shame the kids love it... I would have binned it yonks ago otherwise :laughing:

Mouse
28-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Years ago we went on holiday & let a freind stop in the house while we were away.

We didn't think to tell him that when you turned the plug socket on downstairs, it somehow triggered a toy dinosaur in the bedroom upstairs, which would start to roar! He only stopped 3 nights then went back home :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

charleyfarley
28-06-2010, 07:59 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: This post made me laugh as only this afternoon I could hear a noise but couldn't work out where it was coming from. :panic:

Sounded like wind blowing, windows were open but no wind outside, took me ages to find out what it was.

It turned out to be a xmas present I had moved earlier looking for something, not sure why it was making the noise though as it was on the bed and nothing was touchng it :eek: Some toys have minds of there own :D

Carol xx

sweets
28-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Years ago we went on holiday & let a freind stop in the house while we were away.

We didn't think to tell him that when you turned the plug socket on downstairs, it somehow triggered a toy dinosaur in the bedroom upstairs, which would start to roar! He only stopped 3 nights then went back home :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

bet thats the same flippin dinosaur that ive got! its always going off in the evening and roaring. ive had it years and have never changed the batteries, it roars when you so much as look at it.

is yours yellow with number buttons on its 4 spines?

Mouse
28-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I've just remembered as well about a doll DD had when she was small.
If you squeezed its hand it would sing.

After a while it started singing by itself at night. I'd often lie in bed listening to it, but too terrified to come downstairs to investigate :rolleyes:

I gave it away to the charity shop when I looked in the toybox one day & found another doll had had its eye pushed it... :eek:

Mouse
28-06-2010, 08:05 PM
bet thats the same flippin dinosaur that ive got! its always going off in the evening and roaring. ive had it years and have never changed the batteries, it roars when you so much as look at it.

is yours yellow with number buttons on its 4 spines?

Ours was green with red light up eyes!

newandlearning
28-06-2010, 08:10 PM
hallellulla! I'm not mad... couldn't help getting goose bumps reading all the posts.. along with giggles.. am glad I don't have that dino.. your poor friend.:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

I bought 2 of those talking story books from M&S and when my ex left I had
3 nights of one book turning itself on around 3am each night.. it scared the pants off of me.. I took it back for a refund.:eek: :eek:

tashaleee
28-06-2010, 08:40 PM
we have lots of toys that make noises in our house - you can leave them on the floor and they start making noises all on their own (we have just done a lot of building work and the amount of extra noises we have had is unbelievable)... that adds to the silent footsteps... the tapping sounds that totally freaked my DD so much (she is 15) that I had to come back home from B&Q as she was sat in the garden and wouldnt go back into the house.... the kids also used to 'wave' and 'chat' to things I couldnt see when they were little

and nope I dont ever mention this to the mindees parents :blush: :clapping: :laughing:

Rubybubbles
28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
yes:panic:

A talking pooh bear book will randomly say 'hello there' :eek:

The vtech walker will go off if not turned off even though noone has moved! Tonight in the kitchen 3 of the 6 roll around balls I cleaned fell onto the fall all we heard was a bang and rattle, kitchen door shut so not even the cats could of knocked them off!

Toy story springs to mind:thumbsup:

moljak
28-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Was watching Medium on dvd last night when the ELC emergency service station went off.I had police sirens.Scared the life out of me!!!!!!

The Juggler
28-06-2010, 09:01 PM
we have my dd's baby alive in the lounge. at night she randomly starts singing twinkle, twinkle or saying mommy I'm hungry.

Not helped by the fact my dd dropped her and she has a large scar/flap of skin ripped on her face like something out of chukky:eek:

Lick'le Oakes
28-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I have a farmer duck that goes off when our outside light comes on...very weird

angiemog
29-06-2010, 07:03 AM
I have a little people zoo that goes off by it's self. The first time it completely freaked me out. Now although I jump I'm a little more used to it. How funny it happens to so many of us. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
29-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Not very often does it happen to me, but last year in the middle of the night my dd's little keyboard started making noises. I was terrified, got up ran downstairs, took the batteries out and ran back to bed and dived under the covers!:laughing:

mama2three
29-06-2010, 07:26 AM
2 friends and i were sat in a conservatory chatting when all of a sudden from the corner started --' come , come , come' in a very slurry voice....... and being the three mature sensible women we are we all just about piddled ourselves , my friend suggesting that at any time we would also see a waft of smoke as they lit the 'afterwards cigarette'.
Of course it was just the ride on running out of batteries but we still giggle like teenagers about it!!

marzi
29-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I bought a second hand jigsaw where you put the pieces in and it makes a noise. Well around midnight I went downstairs and heard this really loud roaring noise from my kitchen, I nearly had an accident lol. Think the batteries need changing :rolleyes:

loocyloo
29-06-2010, 11:55 AM
i woke up the other night hearing a baby cry, and cry, and cry. i started to get worried, we do have foxes in the woods, but it definately a baby - i went downstairs and looked outside, sound was fainter ... loud upstairs ...

DD was fast asleep in bed, with her CRYING baby doll NEXT to her !!! when i got to the bed, it then said 'MAMA MAMA' and giggled! :rolleyes:

lou lou
29-06-2010, 07:36 PM
i was in bed the other night and i heard this noise and it said would you like to climb the tree with me it frightened the life out of me so i sent my partner down stairs and it was the winnie the pooh tigger tree going off

funfunfun
29-06-2010, 07:39 PM
All my toys have batterys just about ........make lots of noise :)

I buy rechargables though lol ........myn go off all the time in the corner

1 ,2 ,3 4 , 5 once i caught a fish alive ...............la la la

Often find myself humming to what ever toy has gone off :)

shhhh dont tell anyone i said that lol lol

RachelE
29-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a rocking horse that makes noises.

I heard noises the other night and was thinking 'where are there horses near here?' - it didnt twig it was the horse downstairs!

- then today, it was nieghing again, on several occasions, whilst we having lunch - mindee told me that it was her imaginary friend (Dhali) that was riding it!

We used to have a lift out jigsaw with emergency sounds. With all pieces in, it was light sensitive and used to scare the life out of me! :laughing:

Rachel x

babs
29-06-2010, 10:36 PM
my son had action man walkie talkie thing when he was little, u talked into the reciever and it came out the doll.. well one night we heard something and after finding it under his bed realised what it was, anyway walking out the room son still asleep this action man started to cry like a baby then you could hear music like a baby moblie as i got closer to the light switch it got louder and louder, anyway cut long story short and after telling next door we realised they had had thier grand daughter that night and it was the doll picking up the baby montior from thier house... :eek: :eek:

teacake2
30-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I used to have three furbies for the children to play with, not anymore, one used to wake up in the middle of the night and start talking, that would then activate the others and they would have a conversation going on for ages, am I showing my age with furbies I wonder?:eek: :eek:
Teacake2