PDA

View Full Version : floor space required??

angiemog
28-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm in the middle of filling out a form for an increase in numbers with an assistant.
It states the floor space required for each child. Under 2s need 3.5m2 each which seems a huge amount. Currently I use my lounge, dining room and conservatory, working out the floor space it means I can only have 3 under 2s. Once they are 2 they don't need as much space. So to those that are able to have 6 under 5s when working with an assistant do you have a lot of floor space? Also which areas can I include? I use bedrooms for sleeping can I include this? Also my kitchen is used for messy play can this be included? Thanks x

angiemog
28-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok I think I've got confused. Does the floor space 3.5m2 mean 3.5mx 3.5m or 1.75 ishx1.75m which equals 3.5 metre. Can someone help me please? Thanks x

funemnx
28-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I will be interested in this as applying for an assistant now with a view to increasing numbers. I live in a 3 bed house with lounge and kitchen/diner, so hope it's not too much of a problem!

blue bear
29-06-2010, 08:36 AM
just asked my son who is A level maths student, says its 1.87 x 1.87 which comes to 3.5m2

has checked on a floor calculator on the net, this has confirmed it.

hope this helps.

Far as I can remember when registering all floor space counts but not hall ways or bathrooms

Mollymop
29-06-2010, 09:29 AM
My inspector told me that to have the full quota of 6 under 8 when I first registered, you need the space the size of a double bedroom.
So if you have more room than that (which you have) you should be ok to increase your numbers, I would have thought

angiemog
29-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for your help. Phew........... I looking at my lounge thinking surely I can have more than 1 and 1/2 children in here.
Thanks again I can breathe now. xxxx

mama2three
29-06-2010, 12:32 PM
yes , its a space 6foot by 6 foot ( ish) or the size of a double bed , free space , per child.:D

Kellyann36
23-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi, am considering getting an assistant and wanting to measure up to find out how much space I have to take on any more children if required. Probably a stupid question, but can I count the space that my sofa uses and my dining table as we use these spaces too for lot of things, reading on the sofa, puzzles, messy play etc at the table? They both take up a fair amount of space, but are both used lots thought each day.

Also, it says no hallways? But my hallway is a nice size and often use it for ball play, put a road mat down and play with cars, or put a pop up tent or castle, it can be used easily for play.

What do you think?

Kellyan. X

sarah707
23-07-2013, 04:58 PM
This document in free resources might help :D

Space Requirements - EYFS 2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/spacerequirementseyfs2012.html)

Kellyann36
23-07-2013, 08:45 PM
This document in free resources might help :D

Space Requirements - EYFS 2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/spacerequirementseyfs2012.html)

Thankyou. It seems I can't take hallway into consideration even though we are able
To use it regularly for activities.

suzyblue
24-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I have a large kitchen diner which is used for all messy play but was told I couldnt include this, luckily I still had enough space though :thumbsup: