PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ofsted questions

snufflepuff
28-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Im worrying about my inspection!
Right, i know that you are expected to do everything as you normally would.....well, usually if i need the loo i will go. Should i be taking the children with me? I can hear them at all times and i wouldnt leave them if i wasnt confident that they were safe. Same as if i need to run upstairs for something or out to the kitchen to top up their beakers. Its only ever for a couple of minutes but im worried! Would you leave them with the inspector? As they are obviously CRB checked.
Also, one of my mindees naps in the buggy and will cry for a bit before she drops off- sometimes quite a while, but Mum says she never rocks her, just leaves her. Is this going to be a problem?
Thirdly, is it ok for me to have a large glass of wine? Ok only joking, i wont open the wine till she leaves i promise!

Twinklestars
28-06-2010, 02:50 PM
i just had my inspection and when i needed to pop out of the room i just strapped one baby in the bouncy chair and one in travel cot and just said i'll just leave them in there while i pop xx and she didn't say anything, as long as they're safe you'll be fine. She carried one upstairs when she came to check the bathroom/bedroom as i had asked to register them. Good luck!

AliceK
28-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Hi
I would do what you normally do. You obviously normally make sure they are safe before you pop upstairs or into the kitchen so carry on doing it. I had 2 x 2yr olds on my inspection and I was in and out of the kitchen all the time and I certainly didn't take them with me. Mind you the kitchen is right next door and I have a lovely hatch so I can see some of the lounge and certainly hear them at all times. If I go to the loo which is right at the top of the stairs I make sure they are safe and can't get into the kitchen and then I wee really quick with the door open. They are all usually standing at the gate at the bottom of the stairs calling me. I'm not allowed to go to the loo :laughing:

xxxx