PDA

View Full Version : Sports Day

venus89
28-06-2010, 12:36 PM
As we're going to be watching my kids' sports day at school and I have a ashiny new set of garden toys (thankyou capital grant!) I thought I'd doa mini sports day for my mindees. One Mum got very excited and said 'I'll take the day off to come and watch!' (and 'does he need to wear a special colured T Shirt?') so I am now having to think a bit harder about it than I would otherwise have done.

I'll have three mindees the afternoon I'm planning to do it and we'll have to do it at the park as my garden's not flat. I have two being picked up at 3 but neither of the Mums are working after about half past one that day so I figured start at about 2.15 and invite them along to watch (&help) too. Do you think half an hour is enough for a mini sports day? The kids are 3, 3 and just 2

The Juggler
28-06-2010, 01:07 PM
typical, the one time you wanted just a quiet little event all the parents want to get involved and you have to do more than planned:laughing: :laughing:

In this heat I think 1/2 hour is more than enough. Each race only takes a minute or so. Good luck - fab idea.:)

venus89
28-06-2010, 01:34 PM
typical, the one time you wanted just a quiet little event all the parents want to get involved and you have to do more than planned:laughing: :laughing:

In this heat I think 1/2 hour is more than enough. Each race only takes a minute or so. Good luck - fab idea.:)

:laughing: oh yes, just what I needed. And knowing my luck it will rain anyway :laughing: But I need to keep them sweet so I can approach them about the EYPS :blush: