PDA

View Full Version : sickness......arghhh!

TammyN
27-06-2010, 09:09 PM
well i will try and not drag this out. one of my parents text me last night to ask if there was any bugs around as she and her dd(mindee) has come down with a severe vomitting bug, there isn't so i replied as much and sent my get well wishes! today she has rang to say mindee is still really poorly and now all the family 4 children have come down with the bug so she will keep mindee at home tomorrow! i sat and thought and then have sent a reply reminding of my 48 hr sickness policy and how she needs to be cleared for this time before returning as it obviously a severe bug, i have now recieved a txt saying mindee hasn't been sick since yesterday morning so will be fine for Tues:eek: completely contradicted her previous call to me, now what do i do???
please advise me
Tammy

miffy
27-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Have you saved the original text?

I think you have to be quite firm with this and tell mum that she has contradicted herself and the earliest you expect mindee back is Wednesday am that is if she has been clear for 48hours.

You could also remind her that if mindee comes back before she is better and you catch the bug mum will have no childcare as you will have to close.

It's so tricky because parents are likely to bend the truth to suit themselves and it's hard for us to prove otherwise.

Miffy xx

Zoomie
27-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Be firm and stick to your policy.

My DD vomited once on Friday am. Got preschooler mindee's dad to come back and collect but took rest to school. (It was 20 mins till school time so no point in trying to arrange any alternative).

Anyhows runs started mid day on Friday and she still had loose stools today, so I am closed till at least Weds.

Last time we got the lurgy I was closed for 10 days, as it made its way one by one through the household. :eek:

The Juggler
28-06-2010, 06:27 AM
i would send a new text or call her saying that I thought you had said she was sick during the day yesterday also. Then firmly remind her that you were just confirming as the 48 hour rule is there to protect her as well because if one of the children pass on the bug to you then you will NOT be availalbe for work for a few days at least;)

Chatterbox Childcare
28-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't text as they are as impersonal and emails. Speak directly to her with a friendly chat and drop into the conversation that you don't won't the mindee back until Wednesday. Say that she can appreciate you not wanting anyone until the bug is completely clear as you could catch it, pass it around your setting, send it back and then both yours and hers will be off work again.

Mrs.L.C
28-06-2010, 11:09 AM
this frustrates me. They would be the first to moan if you had to take a few days off because of catching the bug. I have parents that do this all the time. even had 1 all day then got brother from school and they told me that his brother was sick in the night but mum never mentioned anything

Stick to your guns

TammyN
28-06-2010, 02:41 PM
THANX FOR REPLY'S I AM JUST WAITING REPLY ON HOW SHE IS TODAY?