PDA

View Full Version : Just been given notice! :(

clairebear
27-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Ive just has a text to say that my mindee wont be coming again as mum has to drop hours at work, she says she knows she has to give notice but cant afford to pay me!!!

Ive only been minding a couple of months so dont really know where i stand with this. I have contacted MM legal team who have given me advice, id just hate for this to become an issue but have a feeling it might!

Any advice? x

little_gems
27-06-2010, 07:43 PM
firstly sending a big hug and hope your alright.

It depends how much they will owe you??? as to weather MM will be able to do anything. it might be worth talking to mum and coming up with some payment option.
HTH

green puppy
27-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Sending hugs too, just wondered if parents receive tax credits as these will still be paid. At the end of the day she signed a contract and needs to pay her notice. As said above if it's worth pursuing then do so or come to some agreement with mum to accept smaller payments over a longer period, only if you can as I'm sure you still have bills to pay. Good luck.

The Juggler
27-06-2010, 08:40 PM
well she needs to give you the notice period. perhaps she could use the notice period to look for other work.

Or if you advertise and find someone quickly you could offer to reduce the notice period if the new starter needs a place straight away. Tell her you'll try your best to do this but otherwise she'll need to work out a payment plan to pay yo th enotice.

Playmate
27-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I can't beleive people text this sort of info :angry: So for starters i would want it in writting. Hope you can work something out, good advice already given.

Sending hugs xxx

moljak
27-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I'd write a letter accepting her text as written notice then state the terms of your contract and the number of weeks notice she has to give, then |I'd include an invoice covering her fees.
I'd then suggest as she needs to pay you she could use the time to job search and wish her luck.Obviously you would need the fees in advance.
If she does come back with the "can't pay" reason then see if you can come to some arrangement where she can afford to.

Once you've done all that then see what happens.Good luck.My only mindee is moving away soon.Luckily mum gave me 4 weeks notice and paid me upfront in advance :)

miffy
27-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd write a letter accepting her text as written notice then state the terms of your contract and the number of weeks notice she has to give, then |I'd include an invoice covering her fees.

I agree with this. If mum is getting tax credits then she has no excuse for not paying you. Put a date by which you expect the fees to be paid in the letter.

Don't be drawn into an argument over fees just stick to what was agreed in the contract which she signed. MM should advise you what to do if she doesn't pay.

Miffy xx

clairebear
28-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Thank you for your replies, I have hand delivered a letter today and hope that they make payment of fees owed today. They do recieve tax credits so there is no reason why i shouldnt be paid. Hoping it can be sorted but am doing some research on small claims court cases just incase!

Just a thought, should i contact tax credits myself to make sure they end the claim using my registration details?

Thanks again.

Twinklestars
28-06-2010, 03:05 PM
i don't think they would take your word for it, on my course and a hmrc course they said they know the system is abused but that it's down to the parent to make an accurate claim but no harm in trying i suppose

caz3007
28-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Lets hope the new government as they are cracking down on benefits in general, crack down on this loophole too

karen m
28-06-2010, 07:00 PM
hope you get your money But have been there even though they were getting tax credits just refused to pay and when i sent them a letter stating how much they owed they reported me Ofsted for harrasment, mrs o came and agreed with me that it was not harrasment ,but i still have to show prospective parents letter from ofsted stating no action was required and i never got paid