PDA

View Full Version : STUCK!

snufflepuff
27-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I have been working through my SEF (instead of sitting outside in the lovely sun :( ) and thanks to Sarahs ebook i feel like i am doing ok. But i am now stuck on a question and wondered if anyone could help me please?

l) The effectiveness of the setting’s self evaluation, including steps taken
to promote improvement

I dont have a clue where to start- i have only been minding since March so this is my first SEF and i obviously have no previous inspection reports to go by!

sarah707
27-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Do you think your SEF is a good one? If so... why?

Do you think your objectives for the future are do-able?

The trick is to come back to this question as you tick off your things to do for the future.

You would then say yes, your SEF is working well because it's helping you to focus on what to do next to improve.

:D

jumpinjen
27-06-2010, 12:31 PM
This is about how you look at what you are doing and think about whether it works well or not, and what you could improve to make it better. it could be about anything such as problem/area - floor getting muddy on arrival,not safe for children, can't find shoes when need to go out action to be taken - so introduceing a box by front door for all shoes to go in.... when to do i8t by - will do from next monday (add the date) and review - it has worked well this week.... children using the box independently, may introduce labelled coat hooks also. so the next line would be area/problem - introduce coat hooks labelled with picture and name for each child as children enjoying independence of putting own shoes away, action to be taken - take and print photos, print labels, buy coat hooks, fix securely, introduce to children when to do it by - two weeks time (add date) review - how it went, and so on.

Some people do it ad hoc as they think of things to improve, some people do it more systematically by looking at the 'development matters' cards and seeing what they already do and what they would like to introduce, or improve. Remember you can't do everything at once, as long as you can show that you have begun the process of reflection and evaluation then ofsted are happy.... you will need it written down and dated/signed as evidence for ofsted. it is important to review what you do also rather than just saying what you changed and leaving it.

HTH, jenni:)