PDA

View Full Version : assistant qu

angiemog
26-06-2010, 08:22 AM
My husband is registered as my assistant but only for short periods of time. I have been getting quite a few enquiries and also parents requesting extra days here and there. My husband is a shift worker so 50% he is at home. I am thinking about registering him as an assistant so I can increase my numbers when he is at home. He wouldn't be left alone except maybe in the car on a school run etc. Can this be done over the phone and how easy is it? Thanks in advance x

Jelly Baby
26-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean as you say at the start he is registered as your assistant but you want to register him?! My hubby is registered to sit with the boys i have and has them for half hour and poss the odd school run if there is an emergency. Other than that i don't use him! Do you mean you can make him more permenant?

angiemog
26-06-2010, 11:38 AM
He is registered as my assistant. On my certificate it says I can leave children with him for short periods of time but I want to be able to increase the number of children I look after on the days when he is at home. Does that make sense?
Thanks

flowerpots
26-06-2010, 01:59 PM
im in the process of doing this at the moment, you need to call ofsted, they will e-mail you quite a detailed form and then it takes approx 14days for them to reach a decision. hth:)