PDA

View Full Version : would have done the same with parent?

newandlearning
25-06-2010, 08:58 PM
hi all...

I'm soo sorry to be asking advice again.. I keep having problems with this one family...

the mindee is really hyperactive, distructive, and when left sometimes pushes my own children where they nearly miss hitting their heads on fences and walls in garden etcetc.

a couple of months ago I said I wished to offer 4 weeks notice as behaviour was not good for my environment or me or children. we (me and parents) worked on behaviour it slightly improved.. so I agreed to keep mindee on.. but only if we could reduce hours to 4.30 on a friday as I this seemed to be the day when the most went wrong with mindee.

the first week of adjusted hours the parent forgot to collect at 4.30 and came at usual time of 5.30.. last week parent came on time and today once again.. parent forgot and got here at 5.15.. 45 minutes late. I was angry by the time parent arrived and told her that managing to make 1 out of 3 fridays on time wasn't good enough and that this friday I'd made plans which I now was unable to keep due to her being late.. I suggested that she shouldn't have agreed to new hours and should have found alternative arrangements for the friday session if collecting at 4.30 was not achievable... I was angry.. possibly not very professional but I was annoyed and didn't feel the mum even felt remorseful.

would you have done the same in this situation???

.. you know it wouldnt have bothered me soo much if mindee was easier to manage.. but that last 45 minutes was pants :angry:

TheBTeam
25-06-2010, 09:32 PM
I think I would have done the same thing, if you didnt want her to stick to the change in hours you wouldnt have asked!

Chell
25-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Do you have a fee for late collection? If the contract has been changed then you could charge this. I think mine is £2.50 per 15mins. The extra cost might make her arrive on time.

The Juggler
25-06-2010, 09:59 PM
or just tell her if she can't make it, contracts will be adjusted to 5.30 on Fridays with the fee charged for those hours.

wendywu
25-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I would have been phoning her to find out where she was. :(

newandlearning
26-06-2010, 07:16 AM
hi .. Wendy.. I did text and was told she was coming straight away.. what she didn't tell me was she wasn't at work which is 10 mins. away but in a different town 40 mins away .. also attitude was rather 'yeah soz' rather than 'I'm soo sorry' so felt rather taken for granted...

coupled with my son having a mini-seizure during this time .. which equally upset me.. yesterday afternoon all went a bit wrong.:panic: :panic:

I feel a bit pants about not being calmer.. I phoned parent and explained this.. didn't get any understanding response and was told they would find alternative arrangements .. for whole day or whole week I've no idea.. am glad near to end of term with this one.

ps. last time .. on our first day of amended hours I texted her to remind her pick up was 4.30.. and then phoned her at 4.30 only to get her answerphone.. all rather convenient when I know phone is used for business purposes too.

The Juggler
26-06-2010, 08:19 AM
sorry hon didn't read properly last night and didn't see all the behaviour issues too.

Given the reasons for changing hours that was very inconsiderate of mum. I would phone her relentlessly until she returns your calls and say you need to have a chat at pick up this week coming (first day he atttends). TELL her that if she does not commit to pick up time on Friday then you will re-introduce the notice period as this was the condition on which you withdrew the notice.

Good luckx

Daftbat
26-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I would have reacted the same way to be honest. They agreed the new terms and they are in the wrong.

By the way don't apologise for asking questions - that's what the forum is here for:laughing: :laughing: