PDA

View Full Version : how to move home and keep childminding

newandlearning
25-06-2010, 02:54 PM
hi all..

I'm wondering how do you guys move home and keep childminding...

I would really love to move around 5 miles from my current home
and am wondering how to do this and keep my income of childminding...

for some parents this may be ok.. for others my location is part
of the reason they picked me...

I'd love to hear from those of you who have managed to move and
keep business running..x:)

PixiePetal
25-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I moved about 4 miles from my old house.

Of 6 mindees I had, 2 were leaving anyway to go to school, 2 left due - to change in family circumstances, 1 was only a morning and due to go to nursery and the last one still comes :)

They had to drive across town to get to my house and during rush hour it could take a while. It is actually no longer to come here in a different direction, avoiding crossing town centre traffic.

I did move from a little terraced house to a detached farmhouse with fantastic garden so there was a bit of an incentive to come :blush:

cabby
25-06-2010, 03:24 PM
im only moving 2 houses away:laughing: :laughing: so cant really give any advice sorry.x

Chell
25-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Our house is on the market at the moment too. I collect/drop off one mindee so it won't be a problem for her Mum. The other doesn't know the house is on the market as we don't have a for sale sign up. :eek:

Rubybubbles
26-06-2010, 08:26 AM
I have moved errmmm 4 times since 2004:panic: :laughing: (hubby RAF) into different counties. You need to get hold of Ofsted and do a form from them, but it's not very informative so I always put pages of extras in there too!

Places like childcare.co.uk are great for finding out your market, but if your moving quite close, it would only be ofsted taking ages to change the address that would be the issue, they can take up to 6 weeks, but only took them 2 then I moved from Lincolnshire to Buckinghamshire in Feb:thumbsup:

good luck

karen m
26-06-2010, 08:04 PM
put my house on market this week told 1 lo mum she has no problem,not told others yet as no idea how long to sell

Shar
27-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I moved house 8 years ago and there was a reason I chose this house. It is only about 1 mile from last home, nearer good schools, bigger & was nearer mindees homes too. I took 1 day off ( it was nearly christmas) and informed Ofsted that I had moved. She was not happy that I was minding before she visited but because it was only 1 mile away I told her that life goes on and parents had no back up for childcare.

I would never have moved too far away and lost all my income. :thumbsup:

Zoomie
27-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Is it not possible to send your RAs for new house whilst solicitors as still busy with paperwork and to arrange 'inspection' (subject to previous owner being agreeable) and then ask for the variation to take place when you have exchanged / completed contracts.

Sounds easy in an ideal world :rolleyes: