PDA

View Full Version : setting up a parent & toddler group

jcqhughes
13-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm a registered childminder and I'm thinking about setting up a well needed parent & toddler group in my area, I've done some research but wondering if anyone on here has experianced setting one up or know someone, is it worth it or too much hassle!

thanks
jacqui :)

nannan
13-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Jacqui,

If you are able to and the need is they, it can be rewarding for the children to all meet up together and play and learn,

have you thought about where you would hold the group, how much would you need to charge, and the inital outlay for toys and advertisement?
could you gather a few childminders together and hold coffee mornings in each others homes to begin with to keep cost down? are you able to be given a grant from you local childminding committee, or the early years to start up,

hope I havent rambled to much and given you a headache

buildingblocks
13-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't forget you will need insurance as well

love Kate

jcqhughes
13-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your replies,
we do have a community hall with plenty of space, kitchen and toilets, I worked there for 6 years with the local playgroup who have now moved to the local school, the rent wouldn't be too much as I was only thinking about a 2 hour session 1 day a week and I'm sure there would be funding somewhere for a community project like this, I have info on what to do I'm just not sure whether to go ahead with it or not, it would be nice to have one here! I am
tempted I will do lot's of research before deciding,thanks for your thoughts
jacqui x

angeldelight
13-12-2007, 06:10 PM
It sounds like you know what you are doing without anyones advice

It sounds like you will make it work

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with this

Angel xx

Spangles
13-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Good luck! It's really lovely of you to try and do this for the community - I hope people appreciate it.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi

I help two other childminders run a toddler group and we have to pay £15 for the morning and then we charge £1.50 per family but insurance was high I think it was about £160 for the year, but we have not made any money yet but we break even each week which is all we are after.

Lorraine xx