PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little disheartened!

Tribe_mummy
25-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

I am waiting for my pre reg visit from my FIS CSO, they said they wouldn't come until I had got dates etc for my first aid course. Anyway I got my letters and course dates for First aid, DHP and Quality practice workshop through today and my first aid is not until 4/9/2010 as the ones before that are fully booked :( Does this mean they won't come and see me and let me fill out application forms etc until I have done it. I have emailed my CSO as can't get through on the phone, so just wondered if anyone could help. September seems like such a long way away and if I have to wait until them to apply I may POP!

Also a friend has asked me about minding from september....am I right in thinking I can have her LO for free until I register officially and not get into trouble for it? Another pre reg childminder was told she could so not to lose the potential mindee but I am not sure.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading

SaijaM
25-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi there,

Could you not consider doing a private First Aid course? I know you have to pay.. but if you are keen to get things rolling, maybe it's an option to think about... I did mine independently and paid about £100.

Not sure about minding before registered, I think it's not allowed, but if you do it for free .. not sure. Sorry.

xx Saija

Tribe_mummy
25-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Have just had a call from my CSO and she has booked me in for my pre-reg visit for the 9th of August and will give me application forms then :) and thinking about it I had forgotten about the holidays so it will give me plenty of time to be organised beforehand as can't see me doing much during the holidays :)

I worry too much about things!!