PDA

View Full Version : you will love this one

Bevbeetle
25-06-2010, 09:00 AM
a new childminder in my area been minding 2 months has put her prices up parents asked why her answer i want to get an outstanding so i need to be the dearest childminder in town guess how much she put it up no not by 50p an hr not by £1 an hr .........................................£5 per hr now making her £9.50 pr hr

Tippy Toes
25-06-2010, 09:10 AM
What?!? Your joking?

How is she able to do this? She wont have no business!

WibbleWobble
25-06-2010, 09:11 AM
why does she think being the most expensive equate to the best quality?

And £9.50!!!:eek: does she live in millionaires road???

i charge £3.50 and hour full time and £4.00 an hour for schoolies (reduced to £3.50 an hour during school hols)

I didnt quite get the outstanding but got a very good "good"....and to be quite honest Mrs O didnt ask about prices...its nowt to do with them!

mandy xxxxx

Bevbeetle
25-06-2010, 09:26 AM
you woukld think it was a joke but its not all her parents on benefits but they are all leaving her she barking mad

Mouse
25-06-2010, 09:26 AM
What a strange thing to do. Has she actually got any work with people paying that price?

It's a small world
25-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Can't believe she thinks by being the dearest will get her outstanding , unless she thinks more money will help get better resources but it will backfire when she doesn't get any mindees because of prices. That's just daft. I knowable recently registered cm who placed adverts through doors in my area claiming she was a 'highly qualified childminder' how's that possible when she's only just registered, not been graded by Ofsted yet ???????

miffy
25-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I can't think she'll have work for much longer............................

So probably only get satisfactory if not minding :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Tinglesnark
25-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Can't believe she thinks by being the dearest will get her outstanding , unless she thinks more money will help get better resources but it will backfire when she doesn't get any mindees because of prices. That's just daft. I knowable recently registered cm who placed adverts through doors in my area claiming she was a 'highly qualified childminder' how's that possible when she's only just registered, not been graded by Ofsted yet ???????

she might have been a teacher or had experience in other areas of childcare :thumbsup:

as for the OP what an odd ball! do you know her or just "of" her? would be interesting to see what she thinks of her parents leaving due to her raise in fees and where she got her information from? its possible that someone is having her on? telling her the wrong info and cos shes new she is believing them verbatim? surely she cant be that greedy and stupid?

ORKSIE
25-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I can't think she'll have work for much longer............................

So probably only get satisfactory if not minding :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Exactly....and whats her fees got to do with OFSTED:panic:

Good Luck to her...think she must be Cookoo and the parents would be Cookoo to pay those sort of prices:eek:

Blue Boy
25-06-2010, 11:34 AM
And we say parents don't live in the real world:eek:

sandy64
25-06-2010, 11:48 AM
i thought it was a joke lol why does she think if shes more expensive shel get outstanding thats not working in partnership thats ripping them off. well she aint gunna last long evan if she is the best c.m in the world:laughing: :laughing:

FussyElmo
25-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Sounds to me like someone wants to finish and is making it the parent choice by increasing fees :)

Helen Dempster
25-06-2010, 12:31 PM
there was a lady on my first aid course who we got chatting to. She was pre-reg and said she was going to be charging £9/£10 per hour! We all told her she was mad and she wouldn't get any business at the price. Her philosophy was, if people needed childcare, they'd pay!

I suppose we should say good luck to her, if you can get away with that....I personally would feel awful charging that amount! I feel bad asking for £3.75 per hour as it is :blush:

And like someone else said, Ofsted don't question how much we charge!!!

It's a small world
25-06-2010, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Tinglesnark;733142]she might have been a teacher or had experience in other areas of childcare :thumbsup:

yeah sorry just found they've done few jobs with children (not sure how LNG in each job though) . Shouldve looked first. :blush:

Still think some people blow their own trumpet to make themselves look more appealing but guess they get caught up eventually :blush:

Bevbeetle
25-06-2010, 01:07 PM
she used to work in a bank shes a no it all she knows everything wont listen to anyone, she says she cooks home cooked food and shes worth that money i just laughed at her
i have had most her her parents on fone begging me to take them on they dont like her attitude say all ahes interested is the money and being the best

The Juggler
25-06-2010, 01:09 PM
OMG is the average rate £8/hour near you. I'm moving!!!!!! lolx

silly woman, what has cost got to do with anything. as someone said, ofsted don't care what you charge and if she's out of work then she will only get satisfactory.

zoe2010
25-06-2010, 01:12 PM
:eek: OMG she's having a laugh isn't she !

bekki0405
25-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I was feeling a bit down this afternoon, so thought I'd come on for a chat. Am I glad I did, almost cried with laughter.:laughing: :laughing:
There is clearly a ceiling on the amount we can charge. I charge £3.75, and the dearest in my area, and there a few, charge £5 per hour.
It's the same as any 'trade', you can pay the most expensive builder thinking you'll get the best job, but they can still be cowboys.
I would say charging so much actually shows you are in it for the money and not because you like this job.
I would like to hear back about her Ofsted inspection, Mrs Know it all

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
25-06-2010, 01:49 PM
OMG she must be mad, I hate charging £4.50 an hour and feel bad at times but that is the going rate round here.

Mouse
25-06-2010, 01:54 PM
there was a lady on my first aid course who we got chatting to. She was pre-reg and said she was going to be charging £9/£10 per hour! We all told her she was mad and she wouldn't get any business at the price. Her philosophy was, if people needed childcare, they'd pay!

I knew someone like that. She'd been working in a nursery before becoming a chilminder & thought she was worth more than anyone who hadn't. She set her rate at about double what everyone else was charging, then wondered why she got no work! Her attitude was that if parents wanted to use her, they would have to pay her price. Nice in theory, but she soon found out it didn't work like that :rolleyes:

WibbleWobble
25-06-2010, 01:59 PM
on my ICP course i knew a lady who was wanting to set her prices at about £9 an hour.

She gave up childminding before she started .....she had no customers:rolleyes:

mandyxxx

ajs
25-06-2010, 02:47 PM
when i started minding i set my price to reflect my experience of nearly 20 years teaching experience and was the most expensive childminder in my areaat £3.50
i put my fees up after 7 years and am still one of the more expensive ones in the town but only charge £3.75 but out of town minders are charging £4.50 +

i wonder whether she'll get any work

wellybelly
25-06-2010, 02:54 PM
So a full time place for a child would cost £95.00 per day 8am-6pm, thats £475 a week or £1900 a month!!!!!!! Thats double my mortgage!!!!!!!!!!!

caz3007
25-06-2010, 03:41 PM
So a full time place for a child would cost £95.00 per day 8am-6pm, thats £475 a week or £1900 a month!!!!!!! Thats double my mortgage!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would be able to afford those prices for childcare, some people just dont think do they

Millenium
25-06-2010, 04:26 PM
We have a minder in our locality whose charges are way out of line with others. The typical rate around here is between £4 and £5 per hour - I know of nobody who charges a day rate - everything is by the hour. Anyway, this woman moved into the area a couple of years ago and set her rates at £6.50 an hour. The amazing thing is she is always getting the most enquiries as parents somehow see her as being better, "Well she must be better if she is charging £6.50 an hour", one prospective parent said to me.

She does live in a very appealing house in a lovely road which I know doesn't necessarily mean a thing but she is genuinely a very good minder and her last three Ofsted inspections have been a 'good' followed by an 'outstanding' followed by another 'good' in all areas.

The rest of us would dearly love to step up up our rates a bit but are worried we will somehow not be able to attract the enquiries. Am I getting envious?????

little_gems
25-06-2010, 07:51 PM
when i first started minding i was one of the cheapest as i thought i still had a lot to learn. over the last 4 years i've put my prices up but only by £3.00 in total so i'm now £32 a day. i'm on about par with everyone else.

One new childminder started and was charging £35 a day which i know is only £3 a day more but it soon ads up. But then another childminder in my area charges £20 per day £100 a week. theres no way i could charge that its not worth getting out of bed for.

funemnx
25-06-2010, 07:59 PM
At Toddlers (in a village 2 miles from ours) on Thursday morning another childminder and myself got talking to some mums about childcare. One of the mums has just signed up with the only childminder in their village at 75p per hour more than ours (we charge £3.00) BUT charges £7.00 per hour after 3 p.m.!!! Unbelievable!!!

My childminder friend now has an appointment with said mother plus her business partner - 4 children all under 5 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
25-06-2010, 08:17 PM
At Toddlers (in a village 2 miles from ours) on Thursday morning another childminder and myself got talking to some mums about childcare. One of the mums has just signed up with the only childminder in their village at 75p per hour more than ours (we charge £3.00) BUT charges £7.00 per hour after 3 p.m.!!! Unbelievable!!!

My childminder friend now has an appointment with said mother plus her business partner - 4 children all under 5 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I would hardly call after 3pm unsocial hours! jeez how much does she charge afterschoolies - still if it gets you business, people will soon realise she is a rip off:eek:

jo f
25-06-2010, 09:33 PM
:ROFL1: O blimey!!! She won't be gettin outstandin if she can't get children on her books!!!! What kids will she get? Footballers kids? Judges?
Good luck to her!!! Talk about cloud cuckoo!