PDA

View Full Version : Childrens music CD's

Playmate
24-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Can anyone recommend any good children's music CD's please. We have bought several in the past and they are awful. I quit like to have music as background and at other times something more lively. At the moment we are playing the same old tumble tots CD over and over and I'm sooooo sick of it :D

miss mopple
24-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Spud and Yam are fantastic. My kids love them :thumbsup:

Sticky Kids are a huge hit too

tulip0803
24-06-2010, 09:54 PM
we use Putamayo (http://store.barefootbooks.com/uk/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?by_subject=194)CDs which are great fun & multicultural - not nursery rhyme ones though.

there is no P&P on orders over £20 through Barefoot books at the mo. And you can listen to samples on website:D

naartjies
25-06-2010, 06:07 AM
I have bought All Around the World and African Playground. they have lots of different parts of the world and countries. The kids enjoy them.

suzyblue
25-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Sticky Kids are good :thumbsup:

loocyloo
25-06-2010, 08:23 AM
i love a bit of 'the wiggles'!

they were on radio two the other week and simon mayo said ''i can't believe i've just played the wiggles on the radio'' !!!

i also play classical music - carnival of the animals, peter & the wolf, the planets, the four seasons, etc & choral music - carmina burana, the messiah, the creation and assorted others.

Playmate
25-06-2010, 08:38 AM
i love a bit of 'the wiggles'!

they were on radio two the other week and simon mayo said ''i can't believe i've just played the wiggles on the radio'' !!!

i also play classical music - carnival of the animals, peter & the wolf, the planets, the four seasons, etc & choral music - carmina burana, the messiah, the creation and assorted others.

I used to look after a little girl with severe special needs, she loved the wiggles. We had a video that was played and played until I think it wore out :laughing:

I think I'm going to have a busy weekend searching the internet for CD's :clapping:

moljak
25-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Children's part favourites by Prism leisure

Thats a favourite in this house.:)

I will be checking out some of the other suggestions too.

miffy
25-06-2010, 10:57 AM
What about borrowing some from your library then you can try them before you buy.

Our library has quite a good range but if not they will order in for you.

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
25-06-2010, 12:35 PM
A family member recently sent me a copy of a CD called Junior Choice. Apparently there was a TV show eons ago (before I was born, I'd like to clarify!) but on the CD are old faves like The Laughing Policeman, Grandad, Ernie the Fastest Milkman, Gilly Gilly Essenfeffer(?), Pink/Blue Toothbrush - and many others and all the kids love it :) At the moment though, we're listening to Jumpers and Goalposts, which have all the footy songs on :clapping: Also got CD/DVD, I think it's called "My First Nursery Rhymes" or something, with Teddy Bears Picnic and all the old faves.

emmaflossie
25-06-2010, 12:53 PM
ah helen is there any more information on that cd?
could do with finding that myself .. or do you have a link, just tried googling it but couldnt see naything

emmaflossie
25-06-2010, 12:54 PM
sorry the football one is the one im after :)

Toothfairy
25-06-2010, 01:00 PM
We love the wiggles here too. :thumbsup:

I have some of the ELC cd's for in the car.....

http://www.elc.co.uk/CDs%2C-tapes-storage/5600,default,sc.html

and I have a couple of these ethnic CD's........

http://www.kidslikeme.co.uk/music-c10.html

The Juggler
25-06-2010, 01:07 PM
i have classics for children (sugar plum fairy etc) played on lots of xylophones and drums.

I also download lots of stuff, african and world music then the childrne can see the singers/dancers and join in with them

Helen Dempster
25-06-2010, 02:48 PM
ah helen is there any more information on that cd?
could do with finding that myself .. or do you have a link, just tried googling it but couldnt see naything

Not sure about the Junior Choice one, but there's another one called Hello Children Everywhere that you can find on www.sterlingtimes.co.uk/children. It's basically got the same songs on it.

The Jumpers 4 Goalposts one can be bought on Amazon for about 99p I think :) I bought mine from Sainsburys, many years ago!

AnnieM
25-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Favourite here is the Putamayo 'World Playground' CD, Tumble Tots and Sing and Sign. I also have lots of different Nursery Rhyme CD's that we listen to regularly. :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
26-06-2010, 11:05 PM
I like Raffi :thumbsup:

When I was a nanny they had loads of music cassettes with songs sung by Raffi and I have just looked them up on Amazon - will be getting some on CD :)

Sing alongs and silly songs with catchy jolly tunes, the Christmas one will be on my list too.

gegele
26-06-2010, 11:29 PM
i have cd that were offer in magazine, french cd, i put classical in the car when they're too hyper it settle them down lol or at home to help them concentrate. i baought them in the pound shop!!!!

i also bought the little people halloween cd it was he favorite of little ones and big ones alike
they do several themes. they're often on sale for a couple of quids in tesco. there is quite a lot of choice everywhere now.
good luck

huggableshelly
27-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I have some you can come take a look at including the all around the world one.

miffy
27-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Home Bargains had some children's nursery rhyme CD's for £1.99 each when I went in yesterday - not sure if that's the sort of thing you want.

Miffy xx

little miss chatterbox
27-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I have some you can come take a look at including the all around the world one.

I'd be interested especially in the around the world one! Could you post what you have and prices? Thanks

singingcactus
27-06-2010, 05:06 PM
We love 'they might be giants' music here. Especially their 'here comes science' CD with DVD. We downloaded them from itunes and the kids listen, sing, dance and learn - and if they are in the mood we play it on the computer and they watch the music videos too, or they just play it on the ipod.

Playmate
27-06-2010, 08:42 PM
A family member recently sent me a copy of a CD called Junior Choice. Apparently there was a TV show eons ago (before I was born, I'd like to clarify!) but on the CD are old faves like The Laughing Policeman, Grandad, Ernie the Fastest Milkman, Gilly Gilly Essenfeffer(?), Pink/Blue Toothbrush - and many others and all the kids love it :) At the moment though, we're listening to Jumpers and Goalposts, which have all the footy songs on :clapping: Also got CD/DVD, I think it's called "My First Nursery Rhymes" or something, with Teddy Bears Picnic and all the old faves.

Gosh Junior Choice I you to listen to that on the radio on Saturday and Sunday mornings hosted by Ed Stewart, I even had arequest played on my 16th B'day :blush: I would love to get hold of that CD, I will have to have a search.

Playmate
27-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions.

Miffy - I will try the library thankyou.

I feel a shopping spree coming :clapping:

Gizmo
27-06-2010, 09:09 PM
We love Sticky Kids :thumbsup:

Chell
05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I have bought All Around the World and African Playground. they have lots of different parts of the world and countries. The kids enjoy them.

I'd like to buy an African CD as my new mindee if African.

miss mopple
05-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Chell if you pm me your address you can borrow my african playground one. I have it on my ipod so dont use the cd now