PDA

View Full Version : stop childminding

babe72
24-06-2010, 03:58 PM
hi , just wondering if anyone can give me advice on how i go about stopping childminding done it since feb and been messed around by parents constantly had enough moneys not regular and not enjoying it at all . but i got my ncma liability and insurance free for a year will i need to pay that back to them and how much? also got a business grant only had half from st helens chambers how do i go about sorting that out also do i inform ofsted if this is my final decision . :(

The Juggler
24-06-2010, 09:45 PM
sorry it's not working out hon. nice parents make all the difference so please have a think about getting tough with them and laying down the law. It's amazing how liberating that can feel.

However, if it is the end of the line for you really, then personally, if it were me, I'd not say anything, unless the d.o. is likely to check up on you. if you gave notice and genuinely wanted to find mindees but couldn't, then you'd be entitled to do other jobs whilst you wait. who is to know that's not what you are doing;)

sarah707
25-06-2010, 07:36 AM
This is a document from Ofsted that might help you :D

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Resigning-and-cancelling-registration-from-the-Early-Years-and-Childcare-Register

Sorry you've had such a bad time xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
25-06-2010, 01:45 PM
My friend gave up and didn't tell anyone for a year otherwise she would have had to pay alot of money back which she couldn't afford to do, even though I am not sure it is right I think I would have done the same as I wouldn't have been able to pay it all back.

The Juggler
25-06-2010, 06:00 PM
My friend gave up and didn't tell anyone for a year otherwise she would have had to pay alot of money back which she couldn't afford to do, even though I am not sure it is right I think I would have done the same as I wouldn't have been able to pay it all back.

the thing is you wouldn't have done it dishonestly, nor the OP. You could always offer to give back the equipment you had bought (toys and safety) to the local CM group to asuage your conscience?:(

babe72
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
thanks so much for your advice i have decided to give it up asap, just waiting to hear about my old job , would i only need to inform ofsted of my decision as i would still like to do my school run so just have a voluntary certificate he s 7 so would nt need the paper work as he does not come in my house at all he is just my neighbours boy and he is 7 can i do this or do i still have to put up with ofsted coming out? :)

huggableshelly
05-07-2010, 05:52 AM
you can be a taxi service to your nieghbour providing no payments are made and once he is over 8 you can have him in your home as you do not need to be registered for over 8's.

the voluntarty part is for over 8's, you can stay reg with ofsted, they will still inspect you every 3 years but you will only ever gain satisfactory as not providing EYFS and you will have no under 5's.

Or you de-register (like me) continue with over 8's as it is legal to do so but ensure parents understand that you are NOT registered and are NOT covered by insurance as the NCMA will NOT cover you once you de-reg.

I've no idea if MM will cover non reg minders but again if you accept no payment then you do not need insurance either, it is a friendship aggreement only and you are accepting no reward for the service.

babe72
05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
thanks huggable shelley, so do i have to inform ncma of my decision as i only registered this feb ive got 1st year free insurance with tool kit will i have to pay them back for it ?