PDA

View Full Version : Capital grant???

Adiamond
24-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I received a letter back in May from my local council asking me for my expression of interest regarding the early years capital grant. The form asked what I would like to apply for and how it would enhance my setting. I filled it in and sent it back the deadline was the 28th May.
That was it I haven't heard a thing since :eek:
Does anyone know how long these things normally take? I am not the most patient person in the world :blush:
Thanks x x

Helen Dempster
24-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi ya.

I applied for mine back in February this year and had my deliveries (they didn't all come at the same time) just this month. I'm still waiting on one item. So you'll probably get yours in September time??! :eek:

Worth the wait though!!! :D

Jules12Wed
24-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Ours had to be in for the end of May. I heard rumours that at beginning of June that it had since been scrapped because of the new government but when I called the Early Years Team they said it hadn't been scrapped but rescheduled for 22 June we then received an email see below which did leave several of us here wondering if we would get anything.

Quality and Access Grant Applications Update

Dear Provider

We are writing to inform you that over 100 applications have been received for the latest round of Quality and Access Funding, which closed in May. This has meant that our analysis of applications has taken quite some time and applications will now be considered by the Early Years Providers Reference Group at their meeting on 22nd June.

You may also be aware that the Government will also be presenting its Emergency Budget on 22nd June. Whilst we have no information, at this stage, to suggest that the Quality and Access Funding will be reduced as part of the Emergency Budget, we cannot assume that this will be the case. We will therefore need to have the full detail of the Emergency Budget and its impact on Havering, before we are able to confirm the result of Quality and Access Applications. We will update you after 22nd June.

nokidshere
24-06-2010, 02:44 PM
The deadline for applying here was Dec 09 and I still haven't got anything despite having had a letter saying that its been approved!