PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been paid by the job centre before?

crazyhazy
24-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I had a mindee who finished a couple of weeks ago cos her mum had finished college and was looking for a job. While she was at college they paid me and it was fine apart from some confusion over the last bill which should be sorted now. Anyway when she finished she had asked if I could have her next tue all day, which I agreed to. She has called this morning and asked if I could possibly have her all day tue, wed and thur next week, which is great for me as I have no one at the moment. But she said the job centre would be paying me cos she's going for training to get a job. She's seeing them tmrw and will let me know how it works cos she wasn't sure but am just wondering if anyone else has done this before?

ourmadhouse
24-06-2010, 12:30 PM
i started to care for a lo six weeks ago (paid from the job center) and still waiting for payment :rolleyes:
maybe ask mum if you could talk with the job center adviser and see whats what about payment?

Hebs
24-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes but dont expect any payments to be made quickly!

crazyhazy
24-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Eeeek that's not good! Hebs how long did it take for payment? See there's the added complication that I am actually claiming JSA at the moment cos I'm not working, so would need to sign off for a week in order to do it, finances are stretched as it is so not sure I can juggle it if they'll take ages to pay.

karen m
24-06-2010, 01:03 PM
i never got my money gave up in end and said no more from jobcentre

crazyhazy
24-06-2010, 01:42 PM
i never got my money gave up in end and said no more from jobcentre

Thanks karen, am in two minds what to do now then, she's the sort of parent who would think it wasn't her problem if they didn't pay me. I'll see what she says tmrw and take it from there, but am feeling wary now, sad cos my girls have really missed the mindee and would be great to see her for a few days.

AnnieM
24-06-2010, 03:39 PM
My payment has just gone in my bank today for 4 weeks care from Job Centre. I sent forms in last Monday. You can only claim in arrears and they prefer to do 4/5 weeks at a time if it is a long term thing. :thumbsup:

crazyhazy
24-06-2010, 04:05 PM
My payment has just gone in my bank today for 4 weeks care from Job Centre. I sent forms in last Monday. You can only claim in arrears and they prefer to do 4/5 weeks at a time if it is a long term thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks annie, that sounds a bit more hopeful, as far as I know it'll just be the 3 days next week they'll be paying. After that if she needs me she'll be paying herself and claiming tax credits, I'm assuming, cos I can't see why they'd continue to pay once she's working although not sure how it works anyway.