PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact

aly
24-06-2010, 08:50 AM
My friend has not long had a baby {nov} and has another 2 1 who is 5 i think the other will be reception in sept.

She registered the same time as me, which is how we met, on the icp.

Anyway she hasnt actually started minding yet what with the pregnancy as she had a bad time...she was thinking of giving up before even starting but CSSIW told her that she could de-register. But if she wanted to re-register as long as it was within 5 years she wouldnt have to do all the paperwork and the whole process again.

I thought was a good idea if i ever needed a break lol. but not sure if it was the norm anyway.

Polly2
24-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Thats good to know - I have not heard that before.

aly
24-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Thats good to know - I have not heard that before.
me either so thought i'd let others know.

friend is still undecided.

Jules12Wed
24-06-2010, 04:57 PM
My friend gave up childminding on the spur of the moment after having a bad experience with a parent, she wrote to Ofsted saying she was resiging. Our local FIS said that if she wants to start minding again she will have to go through the whole process and do the ICP etc etc.

Mamma4Ya
05-08-2011, 01:28 AM
We were told in our pre reg meeting yesterday that if you left it longer than two years you may be asked to re-do the ICP (or which ever course they bring in).

aly
05-08-2011, 08:06 AM
We were told in our pre reg meeting yesterday that if you left it longer than two years you may be asked to re-do the ICP (or which ever course they bring in).

you might want to double check that with an inspecting officer .....that message was posted last year so you may be right and they have changed things...they've changed other things :panic:

x