PDA

View Full Version : pre-reg who owns reptiles

betty00
23-06-2010, 07:27 PM
hi, i'm new to this site, just thinking about childminding at the moment, i have a concern though.................i own snakes and bearded dragons (lizards), all are kept in locked vivariums...........would OFSTED be ok with this????
cheers

PixiePetal
23-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't have any but I know there are some CM on the forum who do - try searching the threads for info.

Shouldn't be a problem with RA etc in place.

Hebs
23-06-2010, 07:58 PM
yes

we have leopard geckos ofsted thought they were great :thumbsup:

betty00
23-06-2010, 08:00 PM
that's good to hear, thanks guys...........i hope they will like 5 snakes too!!!

Mookins
23-06-2010, 08:07 PM
We also have leopard geckos and a chameleon:D

done the ra for them and they are locked away, well the geckos are th chameleon is in a large double wardrobe converted into his home:laughing:

sonia ann
23-06-2010, 09:12 PM
used to have a snake but went with my son when he left home :( .....would love another one :)

miffy
23-06-2010, 09:16 PM
used to have a snake but went with my son when he left home :(

So did I!

.....would love another one :)

Noooooooooooo, I wouldn't!!!! :laughing:
Miffy xx

tinkerbelle
24-06-2010, 01:15 PM
iv got 2 geckos, a bearded dragon and a chameleon plus a corn snake my inspector loved them and has a snake of her own

cabby
24-06-2010, 01:18 PM
my daughter has 2 bearded dragons, but they are in her room!

Jules12Wed
24-06-2010, 01:33 PM
We did have a leopard gheko until my son let is accidentally out of his bedroom window!!:angry:

Waiting for some more to hatch so we can get another.

littlesprogs
24-06-2010, 01:38 PM
i have bearded dragons and a chameleon. I dont childmind anymore though. Probably a good job because my chameleon sits on a rubber plant in the living room all day looking out the window so hes not locked away lol.

I would say as long as you have locks on the vivs it will be fine. It'll be great for children who have never seen them before very educational!!

betty00
25-06-2010, 07:05 AM
ahh thanks again for your replies, feeling a little sad as we might have to sell a majority if not all of them as they take up so much space in the living room/dining room, i'm going to need alot of storage space! :(
we also got 15 baby bearded dragons and over 40 more waiting to hatch in the next few weeks!!!!!!
there isn't anywhere else in the house they could go, my 10yr old already has a snake in his bedroom.........
think it's time to start saving for an extension lol
i wish!!

mama2three
25-06-2010, 07:33 AM
ahh thanks again for your replies, feeling a little sad as we might have to sell a majority if not all of them as they take up so much space in the living room/dining room, i'm going to need alot of storage space! :(
we also got 15 baby bearded dragons and over 40 more waiting to hatch in the next few weeks!!!!!!
there isn't anywhere else in the house they could go, my 10yr old already has a snake in his bedroom.........
think it's time to start saving for an extension lol
i wish!!

Buy a shed! (for the storage not for the animals!)

Mookins
25-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Buy a shed! (for the storage not for the animals!)

excellent idea, dont get rid of them if you dont want to...mind you you would have to move out to with all those babies due:laughing:

get a shed and clim it through your expenses hun
x x

KarenM
25-06-2010, 12:47 PM
OFSTED loved the Iguana and water dragons in the front room. We have two large tanks built in to the space under the stairs in the front room. Had a few parents round, and all have been really positive.

betty00
25-06-2010, 01:19 PM
good good! at least reptiles are/will be locked behind doors not like a cat or a dog who wander around freely with the children..........