PDA

View Full Version : don't you just hate that feeling when...

Tinglesnark
23-06-2010, 07:26 PM
a prospective parent leaves and you don't know if they will call you back?

this lady and her daughter were so lovely, we hit it off instantly and the little girl played so well with ds1 - very similar nature to him and i got the impression that they would be lovely playmates but she said that she had others to see that were situated closer to her and that she would have to make her decision based on what was easier for her. she did add that she thought the house was beautiful and that she really liked us and felt that her daughter would be really happy here but hey....what can you do?

its that helpless feeling i hate! the limbo of after an interview but before signatures! i HATE not being in control haha!

jelly15
23-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Yes I know that feeling :(

Tinglesnark
23-06-2010, 08:10 PM
:panic: why cant someone just say "yeay! your fab! where do i sign? start on monday?"
:laughing:

Leanne59
23-06-2010, 08:16 PM
:panic: why cant someone just say "yeay! your fab! where do i sign? start on monday?"

I agree!!:D

Monkey26
23-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I have only ever had one parent leave and say i will have a think and get back to you... all the others have signed there and then! haha, i don't think you are doing anything wrong though, i just tend to get the parents who are sorting their childcare out the week before they want it to start!!! xx

miffy
23-06-2010, 09:19 PM

It's not always the best way - some people jump in then change their minds later :rolleyes:

At least if the lady comes back to you, you know she is sure!

Fingers crossed for you

Miffy xx

Donkey
23-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I had 2 that came the other week, both made the right noises, one came for a play....

not hear back from either of them.

think parent 1 changed her mind about leaving baby as still a little young

there was a langauge barrier with parent 2

oh well, what ever doesnt kill you... this is why I always do the first session as a 'chat' rather than going in heavy because then I don't feel as deflated if nothing comes of it..

singlewiththree
24-06-2010, 06:08 AM
I had the same recently two parents came round the same week and both left saying they would be in touch and they never did. I only had phone numbers otherwise I would have emailed them for feedback.

mama2three
24-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Ive got a visit this evening for a 4 year old whos been in nursery since he was 6 months , but is starting the same class as ds in september.
I know they wont make a decision straight away - they will need to weigh up the pros and cons of switching - just got to sell myself without sounding too pushy!! I really need it as 2 of my original mindees leave today:(
Fingers crossed , but so not looking forward to that 'not knowing' period..... my others said yes immediately.

Hebs
24-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I must be lucky cos all of my visits have ended with them signing only 1 went away for a think but came back the following week with hubby to do contracts x

Tinglesnark
24-06-2010, 08:50 AM
i think it is because there is a group of us and we all offer different things - we all pass on the groups contact details and parents then tend to vist 3-4 of us and then they go away and weigh up our services. i am the furthest from the school so i dont tend to fair so well with the enquiries - plus i am the newest member of the group with no references or real childminding experience - well i have now but you get my drift...

still, as i found out with current mindee - horses for courses! i will get my vacancies filled eventually! at least i have one!

:D

RedDragon
24-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I had 2 that signed straight away - 1 changed their minds (was about 9 months in advance - they decided on Montessori) and the other stayed with me for around 6 months but was a parent from hell (boy was not allowed to dress up in girly things, no pink, how dare I let him (aged 3) fall asleep during the day.

moljak
24-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Just remeber though if they go away visit other minders then come back to you then you must be fab :)

Tinglesnark
24-06-2010, 02:21 PM
ah yes, the butterfly proverb eh?

if you love it set it free, if it is meant for you it will come back

or words to that effect

:thumbsup:

miffy
24-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Ive got a visit this evening for a 4 year old whos been in nursery since he was 6 months , but is starting the same class as ds in september.
I know they wont make a decision straight away - they will need to weigh up the pros and cons of switching - just got to sell myself without sounding too pushy!! I really need it as 2 of my original mindees leave today:(
Fingers crossed , but so not looking forward to that 'not knowing' period..... my others said yes immediately.

Good luck tonight - you might knock their socks off and they'll sign up straight away! :) (Hope so!)

Miffy xx

mama2three
24-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Good luck tonight - you might knock their socks off and they'll sign up straight away! :) (Hope so!)

Miffy xx

thanks miffy..they made all the right noises , going to find out how much notice they have to give nursery. fingers crossed .....I know hes off nursery this week so bet its Monday before tey find out , and before I do!