PDA

View Full Version : Positivity Thread (sorry for the touchy feely title!)

Tealady
23-06-2010, 06:10 PM
As there seems to a few fed up CM's at the moment I thought it might be a good idea to start a positivity thread, where people can put nice anacdotes, what they like best about the job, stories of good times. That way if anybody is having a bad day we can look back at this and remind ourselves why we do this job.:)

Here's one to start off....

Despite my Breakfast mindee being a boy and two years older than my DD (he's six and she's four), I was told by Mum that she was glad to be renewing for next school year as he is so happy here and loves playing with my DD. They love role play and imagination games and are two peas in a pod. It's so nice to sit back and watch them play.

funemnx
23-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Despite my screamer (who I adore) his mum has told everyone she knows that I'm her Angel!

The sun is shining and this job really IS the best! :clapping:

Alibali
23-06-2010, 06:22 PM
One of my lot came in today and as it's the end of term (even though child is still coming to me) they gave me a £50 voucher for the beauticians to pamper myself:D

rickysmiths
23-06-2010, 06:23 PM
I have a 4.5yr old who I have looked after for 4yrs now and she goes round telling everyone who will listen, that I'm the best cook in the world! :blush: :blush:

louise
23-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I had mindee aged 5 tell me he wants me to be his mum one day!. Bless him wont tell his Mum that.

Also last week i had a mindee who left 16 months ago and his 15 month old baby brother. It was just for one afternoon. Old mindee was so excited he was being left with out mummy staying(he has come to play since with mum) and he also just slipped into place with mindees he has never been with before. It was like he never left.

Rubybubbles
23-06-2010, 07:16 PM
When I picked up the older children from school yesterday the 5 yr old said, your the best Emma, and another childminder heard heehee:D All I said was we went to the local shop and got some lovely fresh strawberries for snack:D

MAWI
23-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Two siblings that I look after knocked on my door last night with a huge bunch of flowers for me. When asked 'why'. They said "Just because" "we think your the best childminder and we love coming to your house, asked our mum if we could buy you some"
I Could have cried, seeing as I had considered thowing in the towel as I had 2 extremely bad days and had to give one child their notice yesterday ( sorry for negativity)
Its always the children that keep me smiling, its great to be appreciated.

joshie
23-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I have been caring for a little lad for about 2months now, when i collected him from preschool today, he shouted my name, ran towards me and gave me the biggest hug EVER!!:littleangel:

Bless him! He Must like me! hehehe

:) :o :laughing: :D

It's a small world
23-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Ive a little girl in my care who has had a lot of distachments (sp?) issues with mum. Tired nursery, creches etc nothing worked. Lo been coming to me for a few months still have the odd day when she gets upset when mum leaves however the other day she told me she loved me and wanted me to go on holiday with her :blush: Feel like ive helped mum and made a huge step with mindee...hope shes ok when she starts preschool...going to work on that nearer time..but weve made a breakthrough which is a start....to mums relief:laughing:

sillysausage
23-06-2010, 08:02 PM
We went shopping for a few items on Monday and my 4 yr old mindee said very loudly at the till "I love you Cathy"......made my day and made the checkout lady smile, prompting a chat with her about being a childminder and how rewarding it can be.

When the sun is shining and we're out in the garden pottering around it makes me feel so glad that I no longer work in an boring office.

teacake2
23-06-2010, 09:39 PM
We have had a lovely week playing out in the sunshine and I was given a present by one little one to-day - a peg - and as he gave it to me he gave me a big kiss as well.
Also the child I look after with special needs managed to walk unaided across my living room, about 12ft and shouted to me Barbie Look, he is just beginning to put 2-3 word sentances together. Now Barbie is a very special name to me because if you could see me I am totally the opposite to Barbie dolls, I am very short and over weight so when he calls me by his special name for me it always makes me smile and think of the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder or in Cs eyes for me.:blush: :blush:
Teacake2