PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr I am so annoyed with Ofsted/Health Management

Gilby
23-06-2010, 05:37 PM
As per my previous thread, everything is now complete except my Health Declaration - this has been referred to Health Management for further review.

They asked me to consent to them seeking further information from GP which I duly agreed to and returned the form immediately - Ofsted received it on 7 May. Shortly after this date a request for a medical report was sent to my GP. I have been chasing Ofsted weekly for an update and have been told on each occasion that HM are chasing my GP for the report on a regular basis.

Ofsted called me today and asked if I could start chasing my GP as HM are having no success. Ironically I had an appt with my GP this afternoon and following my consultation I asked him the status of the request for further information from HM.

To my shock and subsquent anger, my GP advised that he has never received a request for a medical report from HM, furthermore he has not received any telephone calls from HM chasing him, neither has the receptionist or the practice manager (confirmed with each of them in my presence). My GP is a sole practitioner and he showed me where information requests are kept and I believe what he is telling me.

I have subsequently telephoned Ofsted late this afternoon, unfortunately I couldn't get through to the lady who called me at lunchtime, so a nice chap got the brunt of my anger (for which I apologised in advance) and it was left that this lady would call me when she is next in.

I am just appalled. If I didn't want to become a childminder as much as I do, I would tell Ofsted where to stick my application (and I told the chap that this afternoon). They are quick to demand childcare providers have all their paperwork in order etc etc but they clearly need to get their own house in order!

I just don't know what to do now, I suppose get on with life and really put this to the back of mind for the forseeable future and wait to see if the magic envelope ever appears. But equally I am so annoyed because I have already spent a considerable amount of money on course fees, a first aid course, registration fees, man hours getting all my paperwork ready for when Ofstead came to see me back in April that I don't want to let it go now. Grrrr I am so fed up and so angry. If I had known this could happen, I would have been far less enthusiastic.... I feel so cheated.

sarah707
23-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Unfortunately what is happening to you is not unusual.

Hugs xx

SaijaM
23-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh dear.. that really sounds so frustrating, I could feel your anger through the post!! I really hope they get things sorted asap and you will have your certificate soon :)

Sorry I don't have more advice, I'm in the pre-reg phase myself, so don't have much experience on anything yet..

xx Saija

Maureen75
24-06-2010, 09:38 AM
If I were you I wouldn't just let it rest but keep on ringing Ofsted and get them to chase HM and contact your GP in a few days to check on progress at his end.
I know it's really frustrating!
I had a delay with my Social Services check. It took them over 3 months to do it. Ofsted said they were chasing it but Social Services just kept fobbing them off with excuses. So I started ringing Social Services myself and e-mailing their Director! Had to speak to several poeple, but once I started calling them directly (which we're apparently not supposed to do) they soon got it done!
Try this with HM if Ofsted aren't doing it for you. I'm sure you can get the number from somewhere.
Good luck, and don't give up.