PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question

gigglinggoblin
23-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Interested in comments.

You have an 8 yo mindee who has permission to walk home alone. You have been told by mum that she is to stay with you late tonight. Mindee turns up and says friends mum is collecting her but friends mum has no idea about this. No reply from mum on phone, friends mum has knocked on mums door and phoned you to say there is no one home. You get dad on the phone (parents are separated) who says let her walk home alone (other mum has gone by this time).

Do you let her go alone before the time mum has told you she is to stay?

Hebs
23-06-2010, 04:12 PM
no never :panic:

HELEN10
23-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Never! Would def go my mum's instructions!

8 years old and permission to go home alone, who does she go home to, an empty house:eek:

Blaze
23-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Stick to original plan.

Pipsqueak
23-06-2010, 04:26 PM
absolutely not. the child stays with you until you are told otherwise by the person who signed the contract (ie mum)

sarah707
23-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't have even made the phone calls!!

Child stays with me until mum collects, whatever the child or the child's friend / friend's mum says.

The child's mum is the one who makes the decisions :D

gigglinggoblin
23-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Does it make any difference if it was school who let her go? Getting less hypothetical now!

nannymcflea
23-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you mean the school have allowed an 8 year old to walk home alone?

I suppose they are in KS2 but even so, 8 is too young.IMHO.

As for letting them go home alone from a minders house withough mum knowing. Nope, never.

Alibali
23-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Our school only make sure Primary 1s are collected, anyone else can go home alone!

flora
23-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Our school only make sure Primary 1s are collected, anyone else can go home alone!

same here. but I would have stuck with the original plan.

whatever the parents say, goes, unless they contact you to say otherwise :thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
23-06-2010, 05:59 PM
oops, just realised I have posted twice.

Its not so much that they let her walk alone, its the fact that they knew the house was empty, dad who they spoke to was at work and mums phone was off. I am really unhappy with the school for more than this (see, the title was a lie!) but we have less than 5 weeks to put up with it so do you bother to complain? This wasnt my child btw

I am considering asking if I gave them permission to set fire to my son would they go ahead?