PDA

View Full Version : pushchairs for children to push other children

Lincsminder
23-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Can anyone recommend a sturdy pushchair that the th ekids can put each other in. I have had lots of toy buggies and they always end up taking the dolls out and getting in them selves so need something that wont break but isnt too big. I saw this (http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/dazzle-fushia-pushchair/598318990.prd?aff=Kelkoo&affsrc=f_feed&cm_mmc=fp_Kelkoo-_-offers%20toys%20and%20games-_-na-_-UA3241U%20Silver%20Cross%20Dazzle%20fushia%20pushc hair&browseToken=/q/ua3241u) one at the childrens centre and think it might do the trick but wanted someone that had allready got one to tell me if it would last.

The Juggler
23-06-2010, 01:13 PM
what about just a cheapie from asda/mothercare?

Tribe_mummy
23-06-2010, 01:16 PM
My daughter has the one from the ELC which she sits in all the time and it seems to be lasting well, mind you its £10 so If i had the choice i'd prob invest in the silver cross one, looks like it will last alot longer

bandlady
23-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I think you might find that the manufacturers' instructions for this buggy will inform you that it is for dolls and not for children to sit in due to their weight. Sorry to be a killjoy but you must go by the manufacturers instructions because if there is an accident you would not be covered by your insurance

onceinabluemoon
23-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I think you might find that the manufacturers' instructions for this buggy will inform you that it is for dolls and not for children to sit in due to their weight. Sorry to be a killjoy but you must go by the manufacturers instructions because if there is an accident you would not be covered by your insurance

I was just going to say exactly the same thing. x

loocyloo
23-06-2010, 04:02 PM
a family i nannied for went to USA without a buggy (3 yr old child hadn't been using one for a long time) but she got hot and tired and so they bought a cheap one - it was quite small in height and size, so once they got home they gave it to a 6 yr old friend to use for her dolls!

not sure that is any help to you at all!!!

Mouse
23-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Personally, I discourage the children from sitting in the doll pushchairs - that's not what they're designed for. I wouldn't go out & buy one just for them to push each other round in :panic:

You can buy basic strollers that are quite small, so if you really want something, you could look at those. Like I say though, I wouldn't be buying any sort of pushchair for children to push each other in.

margaret
23-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I agree with mouse.

nannymcflea
23-06-2010, 05:21 PM
What about a wagon they could use in the garden.

I know Radio Flyers are expensive but are designed for the job.There must be a make thats cheaper.

I agree about not allowing children to sit in and push each other around in a dolls pushchair.

Tribe_mummy
23-06-2010, 08:38 PM

Wow that completely slipped my mind, guess I am gonna have to think more carefully about things in the future :S

little_gems
24-06-2010, 07:49 AM
at our local childrens centre they had the galt one's and the children used to push each other round in them. So i brought to and they've changed them so every time a child tries to sit in it that valcro give.s in.
I'd just like to point out 9 times out of 10 it is my own son who wants to sit in it. :D

sweets
24-06-2010, 07:59 AM
i have a couple of the really cheap buggies, think they were about a fiver! lol.

i let the children sit in them! im sorry but i think you can look too much into insurance, its ridiculous to think there is going to be a serious accident by a child sitting in them,the worst that is going to happen is that the pram will break and the child will end up sitting on the floor having fallen about 4 inches of the ground! i think it would be mean to stop their fun, they dont charge round them its only the under 2's that tend to do it and they push very slowly! lol.

if we only let children use toys that were recomended for their age then under 3's would just end up playing with baby toys and not being streched, every decent toy is for over 3's. sometimes i think we just need to use common sense. and stop being scared of being sued every 5 mins!!

Mouse
24-06-2010, 10:26 AM
i have a couple of the really cheap buggies, think they were about a fiver! lol.

i let the children sit in them! im sorry but i think you can look too much into insurance, its ridiculous to think there is going to be a serious accident by a child sitting in them,the worst that is going to happen is that the pram will break and the child will end up sitting on the floor having fallen about 4 inches of the ground! i think it would be mean to stop their fun, they dont charge round them its only the under 2's that tend to do it and they push very slowly! lol.

if we only let children use toys that were recomended for their age then under 3's would just end up playing with baby toys and not being streched, every decent toy is for over 3's. sometimes i think we just need to use common sense. and stop being scared of being sued every 5 mins!!

I don't stop children from sitting in dolls pushchairs for fear of being sued - I do it because that's not what they're designed for! I know lots of children do it & now and again is probably OK. What I was saying was I wouldn't go out specifically buy a dolls pushchair for children to sit in as they're not meant to be used like that.
You say the worst that could happen is it would break - exactly! I don't want my toys being broken by children misusing them :rolleyes:

green puppy
24-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't stop children from sitting in dolls pushchairs for fear of being sued - I do it because that's not what they're designed for! I know lots of children do it & now and again is probably OK. What I was saying was I wouldn't go out specifically buy a dolls pushchair for children to sit in as they're not meant to be used like that.
You say the worst that could happen is it would break - exactly! I don't want my toys being broken by children misusing them :rolleyes:

I agree with Mouse, a little girl I know caught her finger in the hinges of one as it broke and folded in when she sat in it. She damaged her finger and now has no sensation in it.:(

moljak
24-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I personally would discourage for safety sake.
My kids and neices nephews have pushed each other in little tykes cosy coupe cars, trikes with handles and the radio flyer mentioned earlier allwith great fun.