PDA

View Full Version : September and new school starters....

madredann
23-06-2010, 11:25 AM
are giving me a headache. Trying to sort out my numbers and it is a nightmare as 1 of my own and a mindee start school in September but they do 2 weeks of half days - one week mornings and the other afternoons. So nearly classed as over 5's for my ratios (as I understand) but not soon enough for me to accept a new mindee worth £150 a week. The point is I dont want to tell mum that I cant do around school settling in as she has been here 2 years but the income is really needed with a £900 mortgage per month. Nightmare. Is it worth adding my husband as an assistant he is at home all day but works nights so here but not here IYSWIM. I would have to prop his eyes open with matchsticks and feed him coffee through a drip :laughing:
Anyway I will have to think about it and try and find a solution
Any advice welcome

christine e
23-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Think the only thing you can do is put this to ofsted (perhaps not mentioning the matchsticks though):laughing:

Cx

The Juggler
23-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree, they might grant you a variation for these 2 weeks. Or could you pop them into wraparound care?

Goatgirl
23-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi :),
I don't see why you wouldn't get a variation if you could have the new mindee start before sept. On the other hand you may not need to do this: I saw on a thread a while ago that ofsted told a childminder children could be counted as out of the early years age group for ratio purposes, from the summer holidays before they go into full time education, so if that's right, you could just get Ofsted to change your certificate accordingly.
I'd call Ofsted to check it out.

good luck,
Wendy