PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Agreed Payment Schedule

emma04
29-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I have a parent who up until now has been happy to pay me 4 weekly in advance. However yesterday she asked if she could pay me weekly in advance instead. I said i didn't think there would be a problem but i would have to do the figures.....It will cause me a big problem, so cut a long story short i have said no sorry it won't be possible as it messes up my bills (mortgage, etc.)
She has signed the contract to agree to pay me 4 weekly in advance, and i have offered for her to pay me 'Monthly' in advance instead if easier (i've done this with another mum) Do you think i was wrong to say no?

She only wants to pay me weekly cos she says that she keeps thinking she has more money in her account than is actually available to spend! My thought is to suggest to her to open a separate bank account for her tax credits 'childcare element' and use that account to pay me, thus keeping childcare funds separate to her wages and household account?
Wouldn't mind but tax credits pay nearly all of her charges anyway!!

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated:)

Tily Bud
29-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I think you've got it coverd really Emma , hope she agrees to this xx

Noodles
29-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Cant help with this one sorry as i am paid weekly and actually prefer it :)

sarah707
29-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I have some pay me weekly and some monthly... I don't mind which way so long as I get my money! :D

Tily Bud
29-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Im a bit like Sarah and mine pay me all over the month depending on their pay patterns and mostly it works xx

Lou
29-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Im the same some pay weekly and some monthly, but if she has signed contract to pay 4 weekly then really she has to honour this, good luck and let us know how you get on x

berkschick
29-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Tricky one but if that is what she agreed to then thats that! Maybe monthly on payday would be better if it helped her.

I only have 1 parent who gets tax credit help and she prefers to pay me weekly as she gets the money weekly but this was all agreed when we did contracts.

I have a mix of weekly and monthly and also of cash and cheque but it all works out well at the mo!

Twinkles
30-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I have a mixture too. Sometimes it's nice to get weekly ( something to cheer up Monday mornings ) but if it's going to mess up your banking you're right to say no.

wendywu
30-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I get paid weekly and that is what i ask for, but the choice is yours as it is your business.:)

miffy
30-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Surely if she paid you monthly in advance that would solve the problem of her thinking she had more money than she does or am I missing something?

miffy xx

tulip0803
30-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Surely if she paid you monthly in advance that would solve the problem of her thinking she had more money than she does or am I missing something?

miffy xx

I think so too. If she pays you when she gets paid she will know how much she has left.

I used to have a mixture of monthly and weekly depending on when the parent was paid.

deeb66
31-03-2008, 11:21 AM
I know what you mean......I have worked out all my bills and direct debits based on the theory that I am paid for the whole month in advance.

If this arrangement were to change it would really cause me problems as I would end up robbing Peter to pay Paul iyswim.

I think you have done the right thing.....you agreed in the past and she signed a contract so it only fair that she stick to that arrangement.

AND.....to be honest her reason for why she wants to switch terms of payment is not a good enough one to warrant you having to try to sort out and juggle your finances!

Banana
31-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Hope she doesnt cause any problems with payments.

Just say that unfortunately you are not in a position to change around payment dates due to financial commitments

x