PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Fed up

celdemorg
22-06-2010, 10:27 PM
As is says I'm really feeling fed up and don't know whether I want to continue with c'ming anymore. I just don't how you lovely people do it. You all seem as though you enjoy every day, and I don't think I do and I've only been doing it since last April:( . I love working with the children and all the element's of being a childminder.

But, I'm just sooo tired of working 50 hours a week, tonight it was 10.30 before I got time to have my dinner, (no wonder I've put on over a stone in weight since last yr) I don't feel as though I get any quality time with my own children. , my house isn't my own anymore. My ds who is 2 1/2 just doesn't seem to gel with one of my mindees (which is my full time one) and they just constantly annoy each other and generally just don't get, he's not like this with the other mindees at all. I really can't afford to give notice as it's not as though I've got mindees queing up at my door for a place... and the way I'm feeling I really don't want to take any more on.

Please cheer me up :( :( :(

LittleAcorns
22-06-2010, 11:42 PM
hellooooo

please stick with it hun, it will get easier Im sure, we are all here xx

Blaze
22-06-2010, 11:54 PM
You've only been minding a couple of months & it is a shock to the system & it does take time to adjust (not just you but the whole family) - it does get better after a time - if it's really not for you then fair enough, but you say you do enjoy it, so I would say that you just need to get settled in (why not set yourself a limit ie in 6 months if your not happy then you'll look at doing something else instead - afterall it can take longer than that to get registered in the first place)!:)

lou lou
23-06-2010, 05:33 AM
i have been childminding for 3 years now and my daughter was just six months old when i started and i have had some really bad days with her and not getting on with my mindees there was times she used to throw her self on the floor as soon as one of my mindees walked in the door and she would not play and quite often just sit in the living room watching telly, a lot of times i thought of giving up but it would mean i would have to work of an evening but i am glad to say the mindee she never got on with are best freinds now i can honestly say they play together all day without arguing they just love each others company and she rushes to the door to let him in. So maybe you should hang in there it can be tough sometimes but as my daughter has got older i do seem to have better days.

Blue Boy
23-06-2010, 06:38 AM
We all have our off days when we think "Is it all worth while":( But don't make a quick decision, it will get better I am sure:thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
23-06-2010, 09:26 AM
As is says I'm really feeling fed up and don't know whether I want to continue with c'ming anymore. I just don't how you lovely people do it. You all seem as though you enjoy every day, and I don't think I do and I've only been doing it since last April:( . I love working with the children and all the element's of being a childminder.

But, I'm just sooo tired of working 50 hours a week, tonight it was 10.30 before I got time to have my dinner, (no wonder I've put on over a stone in weight since last yr) I don't feel as though I get any quality time with my own children. , my house isn't my own anymore. My ds who is 2 1/2 just doesn't seem to gel with one of my mindees (which is my full time one) and they just constantly annoy each other and generally just don't get, he's not like this with the other mindees at all. I really can't afford to give notice as it's not as though I've got mindees queing up at my door for a place... and the way I'm feeling I really don't want to take any more on.

Please cheer me up :( :( :(

Where are you based?? I think we all have days/weeks/even months like this!! I know I do! But then you get the other days/weeks/months when it's all sunshine and rainbows and it makes it all worthwhile. Stick at it for a little longer, you may be surprised.... and this forum is a godsend to get things off your chest.

So, chin up, big smile and am sending you hugs xx

Tippy Toes
23-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Im the same as you hun, been childminding just over a year and although I love it, it is a really demanding hard job and Im tired all the time.

Add this to parents we dont appreciate you and expect you to be at their beck and call it can be a nightmare!

Im hoping it is just a stage Im going through and that things will get better...