PDA

View Full Version : They do try it on

Tealady
22-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Had a text from parents this morning advising me that mindee was "not feeling well" but would so wouldn't be needing me today as they were keeping her at home and to "enjoy my afternoon off in the sunshine".

I asked what "Not feeling well" equates too as I mindee had been in contact with my own two. Transpires it means being "a little bit sick last night but will be fine for tommorow".

Reminded Mum of my sickness policy of 48hr after last incident of D or V so wouldn't be seeing them until Thurday. Especially as mindee had already toild me her Mummy had been sick at the weekend, yesterday.

Got a blunt "OK" back. Had I not enquired further I bet she wouldn't have let on it was a Sick Bug. Grrrrrrrr:angry:

The Juggler
22-06-2010, 10:17 PM
also love the way they assume you are having afternoon off with your feet up just because you don't have their little ray of sunshine! like you're not still working/looking after your own kids:angry:

sue m
23-06-2010, 05:20 AM
I've had this too. My little one was sick Sunday night so didn't come Monday, I agreed he could come yesterday as it was early sunday night he'd been sick and then got a text from Mum yesterday, she'd been throwing up all day and Dad had been throwing up at work. Dad who brought lo in the morning and sat here for half an hour chatting. I hope I've missed it. I'm going to stay with my mother today who's 81 so I don't want to be ill and certainly don't want to give it to her.

It's ok the lo coming back 48 hrs after he's been sick but when the parents have it too, the bug is still around isn't it. :(

miffy
23-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Good job you asked or you might have finished up with it too!

Hope you enjoyed your afternoon off!!!

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
23-06-2010, 06:43 AM
You are right they do try it on. Just as well you asked the question. I take it the parent works, so how would they feel if you came down with thebug and then they had to take more time off because you could not work. The do not always look outside the box:angry:

mama2three
23-06-2010, 07:00 AM
One of my parents brought her 2 on Monday , told me C had been unwell on Friday night but fine since ..fine ..until seeing her friend at school she asked C if he was all better and he nodded , she turned to me and said oh Im glad because he was so sick yesterday! I have bitten my tongue tbh as they finish this week or I would have had lots to say!

Tippy Toes
23-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Why do parents do this? Dont they understand if they pass it on to us and our familys then we will be taking a lot more time off so unable to provide them childcare - Also dont they have any consideration that we dont get paid anything when we have to close due to illness!

And I hate it when they assume I have the day off because their little one is not attending! I dont just look after their child! arrgghh. :angry:

caz3007
23-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to add that you would probably be enjoying the sunshine if you had their child or not, I would have text back something like 'I would have been enjoying the sunshine even if your child was here' :laughing: