PDA

View Full Version : after schoolies

Helen Dempster
22-06-2010, 09:14 PM
hello - hope you are all having a good week so far.

My question is this - how many after schoolies are we allowed to have? I don't really 'get' it. I've got my quota of full timers, so does that mean I'm not allowed to take on any after schoolies, even though it will only be for 2 hours each day?

Please can someone clarify this for me before my head explodes!!!!

Thank you :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
22-06-2010, 09:22 PM
How many children do you currently care for and what are their ages?

In general you can have 3 under school age and 3 over school age at any one time (including your own children). These over school age could be full time during school hols but will obviously only be with you for a few hours a day during term time.

On top of this you can also have over 8s.

selena 31
22-06-2010, 09:35 PM
was woundering myself how many over 8's we can have as certificate doesnt state an overall number of children allowed at anyone time just the under 's?

snufflepuff
22-06-2010, 09:40 PM
There is no limit....but you have to be careful to show that you can still effectively meet the needs of all the younger children, and the requirements of the early years/ childcare register.

Tinglesnark
22-06-2010, 09:40 PM
i thought you had to be on a separate register to have over 8s?

judisteve
22-06-2010, 10:58 PM
i thought you had to be on a separate register to have over 8s?
I think it's the Childcare Register you need to go on.

I would suggest checking your insurance too - that might specify a total number of children at any time - all ages.

Monkey1
23-06-2010, 04:45 AM
You need to check with the insurance company. MM is ten children but i phoned them recently and they said if i needed more and write in they would be able to adjust it for me

Chell
23-06-2010, 06:31 AM
You need to check with the insurance company. MM is ten children but i phoned them recently and they said if i needed more and write in they would be able to adjust it for me

My home and buildings insurance quoted me a lower number so it is best to check with them too. I'm covered to 10 with my MM liability insurance but my home insurance doesn't allow that many in the house.

miffy
23-06-2010, 06:36 AM
There is no limit....but you have to be careful to show that you can still effectively meet the needs of all the younger children, and the requirements of the early years/ childcare register.

Check with your insurance company - NCMA has a limit of no more than 12 children in total at any one time.

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
23-06-2010, 08:46 AM
How many children do you currently care for and what are their ages?

In general you can have 3 under school age and 3 over school age at any one time (including your own children). These over school age could be full time during school hols but will obviously only be with you for a few hours a day during term time.

On top of this you can also have over 8s.

I currently care for a boy who will be 4 years in September, a boy who will be 5 years in October, my own son who will be 4 in July and an 8 year old. The after school enquiry I had last night was for another 4 year old. Does this mean I am unable to have him?

Sorry for sounding dumb, but I find the numbers thing so confusing! :blush:

AliceK
23-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I currently care for a boy who will be 4 years in September, a boy who will be 5 years in October, my own son who will be 4 in July and an 8 year old. The after school enquiry I had last night was for another 4 year old. Does this mean I am unable to have him?

Sorry for sounding dumb, but I find the numbers thing so confusing! :blush:

The boy who will be 5 in Oct I assume will start FT school in Sept so as of the school summer hols he will be a rising 5 so would then be out of your EY's group which should mean you could have the additional 4yr old as of end of July.

xxxx