PDA

View Full Version : When parents come to visit

devoncm
22-06-2010, 08:17 PM
What sort of things do you show them and what activities do you have out? I show my posters and policies risk assessments scrap book of some things we do, go over things we do on what days and prices, ive got someone coming on saturday and I really need the work its 4 days all day, think im just panicing really but had parent visit last week and they are going somewhere else-someone closer to them, also this parent would want the very occasional over night care, im not reg for that yet but do have spare rm available if needed, what do you charge for over night?

Mouse
22-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I have 3 folders out for when parents come to visit. One is my portfolio (info about me & my family, fees & opening times, what they need to provide/what I provide, copies of registration, insurance & first aid certificates, certificates from training, sample menu, example of our daily routine, copy of a contract, complaints policy, magazine & newspaper clippings about me :blush: )

Another is full of photos & the third is my policy folder.

Parents are interested in the portfolio & photo folder, but rarely in the policy folder!

I usually let them have a flick through the folders while I make drinks & playing with the child, then we have a chat and I answer any questions etc.

When they leave I give them an info pack, which is just copies of some of the pages from my portfolio.

I usuallly take on babies, so I get out a mat for them to sit or lie on, and a selection of baby toys. If I do have older children visit, I tend to ask them what they like & take them to chose some toys while parents are looking through the folders.

miffy
23-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Very similar to Mouse but I don't bother with policies and procedures - some of the more important ones are in my brochure anyway.

I think parents are more interested in seeing how you get on with their child so that's what I concentrate on.

Miffy xx

devoncm
23-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for replies will see how i get on, ill have 4 children when she comes my 3 baby 5yr old and 6 yr old plus 3 yr old mindee, what do u think is a good activity, maybe i could get the big lego out as the little boy is 2, also does anyone do overnight care? what do you charge?

Ripeberry
23-06-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't do overnight but I think most people charge it from 7pm until 7am and it's a flat rate based on your daily rate. But in the end it's up to you what you charge.
Some kids may sleep all night and others may be up and down all night :(