PDA

View Full Version : how to know if terminating and doing right thing?

newandlearning
22-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone...

I'm thinking of terminating a school child's contract for next Sept. as I've found the mindee to be a lot of work, very hyper and hurts others.

I want to get rid of him partially because I think I really need to reduce my hours and don't want to work to 6pm and also because I'm going to be having babies here in Sept. and would not be able to give my attention to them as I know he is always getting my attention at the mo.

I actually have grown to like this mindee of the past few months and in some ways feel sad letting him go... I'm just wondering if you would be terminating this contract too? or would you soldier on?

:) :)

flowerpots
22-06-2010, 06:07 PM
hiya, if this is the first time you have felt like this i would try to soldier on as the feeling might pass but if its a constant dread then i would get rid.
hth :)

Tippy Toes
22-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I would terminate the contract, but only you can decide.

Good luck and hope things work out for you :)

miffy
22-06-2010, 07:40 PM
It's hard for any of us to put ourselves in your shoes but from your post there are two different reasons for wanting to terminate - firstly the child's behaviour and secondly your wish to reduce your hours and not have a 6pm finish.

You say you've grown to like this child over the last few months and perhaps his behaviour may improve as he is more settled with you, gets older etc so your first reason for giving notice may change iyswim but if this child is the one who stays until 6pm and you want to reduce your hours then that is not going to alter is it?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say - at the end of the day only you can decide and you have to do what is best for you.

Miffy xx