PDA

View Full Version : Help with letter please!

clairebear
22-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi All,

I havnt been minding long, I started about 7 weeks ago and since then i have been minding a child whose parents seem to have a 'problem' with paying me!!

There is always some sort of excuse as to why they cant pay on time, I ask for payment in advance (on a Monday) and into my bank account. Last night was the final straw, I always check my account before the child arrives at 9.30am, Yesterday the money wasnt there, No surprise! I checked a couple of times throughout the day but no sign of it. When dad picked up last night i told him i hadnt been paid, he said ' oh well ive put it in your account, there must be a problem with the account' I said that i needed the money and i asked if he could maybe pop to a cash point and drop the money round.

He did pop to the cash point and returned 4 hours later!!

Anyway i'll get to the point now, Basically im fed up of the messing about every week, they wont pay monthly as ive previously suggested that so i want to write a letter asking to be paid in cash every monday morning!

Do you think this is reasonable? And any ideas on how to word it?

Thanks in advance! Claire x

Daftbat
22-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I think you have every right to tell them when you want payment. I would perhaps say:

Dear..........

As there seem to have been a few problems with payments made in to my bank account over recent weeks I would ask in future that payment be made in cash on Monday morning beginning (date).

Having tried to make other arrangements with yourselves i feel i am left with no other choice than this.

Yours.........