PDA

View Full Version : learning journal still not back

v 1461
22-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I sent all learning journal back home for parents to look at, more then one month ago.
One of them still hasn't looked at it and I am still waiting ( 5 weeks now!!!)
The funny thing is that the mum is a school teacher.
Hopefully she didn't loose it!!
v

rickysmiths
22-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I would tell her you must have it when lo comes next even if she hasn't looked at it because you can't let it get anymore behind.

Next time inform her that the Learning Journeys are now only available to view in your setting by appointment.!

v 1461
22-06-2010, 03:35 PM
BY APPOINTMENTONLY : Good idea

sarah707
22-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I would tell her you must have it when lo comes next even if she hasn't looked at it because you can't let it get anymore behind.

Next time inform her that the Learning Journeys are now only available to view in your setting by appointment.!

I agree!

Hope you get it back soon :D

v 1461
25-06-2010, 09:25 AM
HI. ANOTHER WEEK GONE AND STILL NO LEARNING JOURNEY .
MUM SAID SHE HAD A LOOK NOW BUT NO TIME TO SIGN.
VERY SLOW PROGRESS. 6 WEEKS NOW.
V

Hebs
25-06-2010, 10:45 AM
type up a letter saying that the learning journey is with mum and get her to sign incase ofsted turn up :thumbsup:

MAWI
25-06-2010, 10:46 AM
If mum is a teacher and anything like the parents of 2 of mine who are teachers, then they'll be analysing it and making sure they think its right. I have terrible trouble getting LJ's back, so I have them available to parents at anytime, but they do not leave my setting. I do give them the Termly OBS to take home and sign but they just get sent home in a polypocket and not the whole LJ. ( Longest one was 7 weeks, came back with jam etc.. all over) Its not worth loosing all your hard work, especially if OFSTED are due.

miffy
25-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I had this problem too. In the end I just pestered them until I got them back :laughing:

I did get some nice comments so I suppose it was worthwhile :D

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
26-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I arrange a meeting once every 8-12 weeks for parents to come and see and chat about things.

This seems to work well for me, but I am lucky to have lovely parents atm which really helps!

fayeberrie
26-06-2010, 08:32 PM
at my daughters pre school don't allow them off site, every couple of months they get them all out so the parents can look at them and discuss any thing, i plan to do this as i childminder over a cup of tea.:)

Shar
27-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I have 6 lo's that I do learning journeys for and gosh is it time consuming! The worst parent for not commenting on obs and returning the folder is also a TEACHER!! The folder also comes back filthy, covered in food etc... Glad lo is leaving soon (having another baby) before Ofsted come again.

The only way to get the folder back is to keep asking and explain that you can not continue to do paperwork without it, as you need to refer to previous obs.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
27-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I only allow one family to take the LJ home, all others looked at them within my setting.

wellybelly
27-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I send my LJ's home but only a few respond to them. I keep a log of when I send it home and ask them to sign to say they have it. If they don't contribute, I just write no commenets added. Atleast ofsted can see I share it.