PDA

View Full Version : Advertising, please help

heatherw
22-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Ive been advertising everywhere I can think off but ive still not had any enquiries. So far Ive been to all the local shops, handed cards out at the school, 2 childrens centres, pre-school, toddler group and still nothing! Im on childcare.co.uk and netmums but im not getting any phone calls. Has anyone got any ideas of where else i can advertise? I dont take any kids to school so i don't know anyone there. Im really stuck and desperate for some phone calls.

suzyblue
22-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I would check to se that you are on the direct.gov website. I found out that Im not so they are looking into it. The other thing would be to get onto free business listings eg. yell.com, thompson local etc. and what about dong your own website?

Good luck!

Toothfairy
22-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Are you a member of your local Childminding Group. If you are, ask the vcancies coordinator to pass any enquiries onto you.

Good luck, I hope the phone starts ringing for you soon. :thumbsup:

heatherw
22-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I got my own website, im on yell.com and thomson local. Ive updated my details on direct gov. Im not a member of the local childminding group but i dont know if there is one. Ive done everything i can think of but still no calls.

Pipsqueak
22-06-2010, 04:54 PM
ARe you advertising on childcare.co.uk (the great big banner link at the top of the page?)
There is also a link I think somewhere on the forum for a discount code.

how about advertising Yell.com, on yourself (t-shirts and hats), gumtree,

heatherw
22-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Im on childcare.co.uk and ive been sending messages to people in my area looking for childcare. I think i just need to have more patience.