PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing enough?

janey81
21-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I have just finished my settling in period with my EYFS mindee so got to contact Ofsted now to arrange an inspection, I haven't done a lot with the EYFS purely because I have had mostly after schoolers for the last couple of years so finding it hard to get into.

I wanted to check that what I was doing was ok.

I have mindee one afternoon a week for 4 hours 1-2 of which is school run/sleeping (she is 4)

I have a folder where I have all her documents, signed forms etc, observations, normally 1 every 3-4 weeks (as only just started) I include next steps links to EYFS etc. I am trying to cover all the areas but as I have said we have only just started.

I have weekly planning, i.e. themes, activities that we might do that week.

I have contacted the nursery that she goes to and put a copy of the letter in her folder and parents permission.

Is there anything else I should have in her folder?

Jane

Twinklestars
21-06-2010, 08:40 PM
sounds like you're doing fine. I had my first inspection last week i have been minding 3 months, i've done about 8 observations and she said i'd done loads! Did you do a sort of starting point to see where you and the parents think the child is upto when they started? Ofsted loved that i had the parents fill in what they thought they could do and then review it say 6 monthly. There's a template somewhere on here for an all about me which they liked too. Hope it goes well when you have your inspection.