PDA

View Full Version : I keep loosing mindees

Wizbit80
21-06-2010, 08:07 PM
hi i am so gutted i have been childminding for 2 years and i have had 6 kids through here already and 4 have left:

1. left as mum quit job to become childminder
2. left as parents and I had difference of opinion on childrens illnesses
3. left as parents did not want to pay full days pay, as hours increased to 11 hour day charged £35, they wanted £25 - i said no
4. parents went from 5 full afternoons to 2.5 as change in parents hours, left and they were lovely, very grateful and upset at having to go.

i stll have 1 family thank god, only 1 of the parents left in bad ish terms, which i hated, all others wrote excellent references and were delighted with care i gave their children.

is childminding alway like this????? mindees coming and going like that :panic:

miffy
21-06-2010, 08:14 PM
is childminding alway like this????? mindees coming and going like that :panic:

Not always but I think these days parents have far more choice of childcare so that can affect things as can the job market/recession.

At least you know that the parents who've left have been happy with the care you've given their children and that's what counts.

Hope you get some more enquiries soon

Miffy xx

Wizbit80
21-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Not always but I think these days parents have far more choice of childcare so that can affect things as can the job market/recession.

At least you know that the parents who've left have been happy with the care you've given their children and that's what counts.

Hope you get some more enquiries soon

Miffy xx

thanks miffy!

the parents do seem happy and recommend me to others, just cant help feeling tis me or my charges that are putting people off.

I charge £3.50 per hour, £15 daily rate for school pick ups from 1-6 with snacks included and £25 a day rate for full timers - i dont think thats excessive :(

positive vibes - i will get more mindees who stay:clapping:

Rubybubbles
21-06-2010, 08:39 PM
your fees sound good to me:) £25 for a day rate sound too low to me though:) But it really depends where you live and what other childminders in the area charge!

I agree with Miffy :) Parents have so much choice now for childcare!

Fingers crossed the phone rings soon

miffy
21-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't know what area of the country you are but your charges seem fine to me and I'm sure it's not personal or they wouldn't have written you good references.

Get some advertising going and let people know that you've got vacancies then I'm sure you'll get some work through.

Keep positive :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
22-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Our fees are really low down here but your daily rate is lower than mine so I don't think your fees are a problem. Maybe you've just been unlucky?

I've had some families who only stay a few months and others who have been here years. I think it depends on the luck of the draw. x