PDA

View Full Version : Payment issues, where do I stand?

crazyhazy
21-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I had a mindee who's mum was at college and they paid me in arrears, all was fine until this week, I am due payment for w/b 31st may and 7th june. I called this morning cos I hadn't received it as expected on friday and they said it was cos she hadn't submitted a claim form but if she did this week then they'd pay me at the end of the month. Fine or so i thought, when I texted to let her know, I got a really off text back saying don't know what to do, you only had her two days over those weeks anyway, not sure what to say!!!

So, I have now spoken to her where thankfully she was a bit better and has agreed to call them and sort it out. I have pointed out to her it was her choice to only send her two days, I was still available for 6 as usual. But I'm not feeling hopeful of her sorting it out, where do I stand if she doesn't? My insurance is with smca, it's not a huge amount, £110 but since I'm not working at the moment is a lot for me.

Thanks x

mama2three
21-06-2010, 01:30 PM
i suppose it depends on the college - but when i took my siblings on i spoke to the finance man at college who said that if there were any issues then they paid me as agreed ( as per invoice) and took up any discrepencies with the parent. Im hoping thats the case as i have billed them for a week when i know she wasnt at college ( she took the kids on hols) but I still need paying!

rickysmiths
21-06-2010, 03:26 PM
At the end of the day it is her responsiblity to pay you. Did you take a deposit?

I take a four week deposit so I have that in had if payments go wrong.

I would keep phoning her and the college until you get paid.

Millenium
21-06-2010, 03:45 PM
like rickysmiths, I take a months fee upfront as a protection against possible non-payment. Hopefully you will get some support from the college.