PDA

View Full Version : ofsted due (very soon)

flowerpots
21-06-2010, 10:01 AM
good morning everybody,

i had a phone call from ofstd last week asking is i was minding at the mo, i said yes and gave details, they told me to expect a call from a inspector soon to arrange an inspection.

i was just ondering how long do they usually give u before they phone to say their coming? and then once theyve phoned how long will it be before they come?

sfox2003
21-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Im in exactly the same position as you, I was contacted by them last week asking if I was now minding & what days & ages.

Im hoping that the inspector phones & gives me some warning, but I know one childminder that this didnt happen for, the inspector just turned up! :eek:

My development worker used to be an ofsted inspector so I asked her last week how long she thought it would be & she said she would guess within the next week or two. She said they will probably phone first & give me a few days warning but she has known occassions where theyve not done. Im scared to death. I was up til late last night pottering around with paperwork & learning journeys. Ive not wrote up any of my June observations so Im panicing a bit.

And Ive not even started my SEF :blush: REALLY need to do that. Im going on a course tonight though to help prepare for inspection & brush up on welfare requirements.

Good luck

mama2three
21-06-2010, 01:02 PM
mine was about 10 weeks after that phonecall!

lornaloo
21-06-2010, 05:04 PM
mine was about 6/8 weeks after the phone call. Good luck.x