PDA

View Full Version : would you talk to mum, please help xxx

jaja
21-06-2010, 09:41 AM
what would you do? my mindee is going on holiday in august for the full month and at the minute i have another 2 siblings that could use the day, do i talk to mum of mindee and see if she would be ok if i opened up the session and then not charge her but i would charge for the days that are not needed? or do i ask for a vairation for the next month or so?

please helps as the mum is coming soon and i wont see her again until friday...

what would you do?

jen
x

venus89
21-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Is the mindee going away going away or just having a break but staying at home? Because if they're away she's unlikely to need you. If she's around, I guess that it would depend on whether I knew the dates now that the other children needed? Because if you don't have firm dates it would be difficult to tal to her about it, except to flag it up as a possibility that you may be able to reduce her costs......

rickysmiths
21-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I ask for parents to tell me in writing when they want holiday. I would just ask her to confirm in writing that she is taking the whole of August off and won't be using your services.

When you have that confirmed then it doesn't really concern her if you choose to have another child on an ad hoc basis while there is a space.

Curly Quavers
21-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I ask for parents to tell me in writing when they want holiday. I would just ask her to confirm in writing that she is taking the whole of August off and won't be using your services.

When you have that confirmed then it doesn't really concern her if you choose to have another child on an ad hoc basis while there is a space.

I agree :thumbsup:

Minstrel
21-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I have a LO who is on holiday right now for two weeks. He's abroad so i know they def won't call on me and i've let out the space to my ad-hoc contracts. Naughty i know but i'm still getting paid for the one on hol too :blush:

Hebs
21-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I have a LO who is on holiday right now for two weeks. He's abroad so i know they def won't call on me and i've let out the space to my ad-hoc contracts. Naughty i know but i'm still getting paid for the one on hol too :blush:

:clapping:

good for you xx

Monkey26
21-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I have just sent out an email to all my parents regarding the summer holidays and one has informed me that she doesn't require care for her 2 year old son at all this summer (gonna be fun in September, but thats a whole other story!!!) she has agreed, as usual, to pay half rate as holiday... i will be filling his space throughout the summer holidays! I have it in writing that she doesnt require the space so i don't see myself doing any wrong?? xx

Hebs
21-06-2010, 07:07 PM
no not at all :thumbsup:

jaja
21-06-2010, 07:43 PM
spoke to mum and she said that its ok to let her dd space out to other children, i have agreed to knock the money off for the days which i use but charge her full for the days which are not taken up by someon else... seems fair to me and she was ok with it too....

I am going to have to applie for a vairation in spetember for 2 under 1 when my new baby arrives but this helps at the moment...

thanks for your replies

xxxxxx

miffy
21-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Glad you got it sorted - I'm sure mum will be pleased if her bill goes down a bit!

Miffy xx