PDA

View Full Version : libary space theme

mushpea
21-06-2010, 05:25 AM
The libarys theme for the summer reading this year is space so i thought it would be a great idea to do a space theme for the holidays,, orginaly i was going to have a 11yrold girl , 9yrold boy (both my own) and a 6yrold boy so was thinking of doing things like space bindees, i have a book that you make in to a space station, sicence experiments to do with movment ect ,, just fun stuff that would appeal to them.
I am now also going to have a 3.5yrold boy and a 2yr.3month girl so are there any websites or any ideas on what i can do with these on the theme? ,, thought of space rockets made from plastic bottles the got stuck! does anyone else have any other ideas for the little ones please?
I dont normaly do a theme through the hols but as it was space and the two boys were very intersted i thought it would be good.

Roseolivia
21-06-2010, 06:27 AM
I bought a cardboard space rocket last year when i did my space theme and the kids loved it.

miffy
21-06-2010, 06:31 AM
There are some ideas here

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/space/space.html

Miffy xx

mushpea
21-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I bought a cardboard space rocket last year when i did my space theme and the kids loved it.

yes , have seen these but i think the older ones would wreck it in the first 5mins!