PDA

View Full Version : evidence for joining a network

merry
20-06-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm completely stumped on a few of the questions in the evidence for joining the network and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything!

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan?

'What do you know about aspects of children's development' - don't even know where to start with this one, what do they mean by aspects and how much detail do they want.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks

:)

Pipsqueak
20-06-2010, 02:02 PM
'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything!

what can YOU personally bring to the network:
committment to training and disseminating information
playing an active role in promoting the network - ie attending events, networking with colleagues and other professionals
attending network meetings
sharing good practice
openess to learning
being professional - supporting other colleagues and families
understanding child development

for example

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan?

why do you plan - you plan because you have already observed childrens strengths, weaknesses, interests so you take this information and work it into adult/child led opportunities so that the child can build on what they know and progress
how does planning help you

'What do you know about aspects of children's development' -
you know that children develop at different rates, have individual interests, dispositions and learning styles
you know that they EYFS allows for this as it has overlapping age groups - EYFS is only a guide
you know that child development can depend on the environment, socio-economic factors - ie if they are disadvantaged family they may not have the money to send the child to XYZ clubs, the parents themselves may have learning difficulties, the family may not place importance on what others may consider important - ie social development or would prefer them to be phyical rather than academic
each child needs to be assessed individually
Children may 'skip' stages
children may be advanced in one area and 'behind' in another area
the eyfs takes account of the 6 areas of development - use the notes in front of the grids

hope some of that helps:thumbsup:

The Juggler
20-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm completely stumped on a few of the questions in the evidence for joining the network and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

'What commitment could you make to the network, and what can you offer now and in the future' - there's a whole page for this so they're obviously expecting plenty but I can't think of anything! I'm guessing that you will attend meetings and events where necessary, offer to support other childmidners, perhaps work as a community childminder if there are opportunties to do so, commit to improve and lead practice locally?

'What do you know about planning activities to help children learn and progress' - do they actually mean why is it beneficial to plan? i think you're right I would think they are asking why it's beneficial, so the advantages of planning for child-led learning and supporting next steps.
'What do you know about aspects of children's development' - don't even know where to start with this one, what do they mean by aspects and how much detail do they want. i would maybe discuss that's it important to observe and monitor development in different areas of learning under the EYFS but that you are aware they all support each other.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanks

then talk a bit specifically about how you do this. I guess you could link the 2nd and 3rd questions together really.

merry
20-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you both, that's an excellent help :thumbsup:

TammyN
20-06-2010, 05:06 PM
this is useful info as im about to fill mine in too :thumbsup:

Geanina
14-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone! I'm completing my Initial assessment now. I'm ok with most of the questions but I do have problems with answering one of them.

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE IMPACT OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?????
Could you help me?

Thank you
Geanina

nikkiv
15-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone! I'm completing my Initial assessment now. I'm ok with most of the questions but I do have problems with answering one of them.

HOW DO YOU MEASURE THE IMPACT OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?????
Could you help me?

Thank you
Geanina

Through reflecting on your practice so for example I have what I call a continuous improvement plan so once a month I look at the setting and record new things that have been bought in training I'd like to do things that need improvement and record what we did, how it could be better and any improvements I'd like to do! Also your next steps, planning and observations I feel would come into this :)

Geanina
16-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi, thank you very much for your answer.