PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this childcare request.....

Toothfairy
20-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I was checking the childcare needed board for my area and found this request;

I have three children - two live permanently at home and two others live locally. I work locally as PA to the MD - so need reliable childcare.

I am looking for part time care for my twelve year old son 3 to three afternooons per week or more if someone is available and I would also like holiday cover. I require someone bright enough to help my son with his homework.

This mum, who can't add up how many children she has, wants someone "BRIGHT ENOUGH" to do homework!!!!!!

How rude, is she saying that she feels that most CM's arn't bright enough? :angry:

I wonder how many replies she gets!

Hebs
20-06-2010, 10:32 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

reply and ask her if she's bright enough to have kids hahahahahahaha

she doesnt know how many she has :laughing:

luiza.t
20-06-2010, 10:33 AM
LoL:laughing: why dont you reply to her and post more of her bright enough requests for us to:laughing: laugh

onceinabluemoon
20-06-2010, 11:11 AM
She's just being honest about what she wants, so she doesn't waste her own or prospective CM's time I think.

Sadly there are childminders cannot spell or use basic grammar. Some even write and speak in "textese"! CMs that fit into this category would be no good to help a 12 year old with English homework but could be fabulous at caring for little ones. It's all about knowing our strengths and weaknesses.

WRT the numbers 'mistake': Maybe one of the kids lives with its father or has grown up and left home. Whilst she is the mother, the child may not be dependent on her so she would have 3 dependent kids but 4 altogether. Maybe she just didn't hit the right key and didn't proof read it...

P.S. People in glass houses should not throw stones!

* aren't has an 'e' in it

* a quote should be introduced with a colon not a semicolon

* the quote should also have quote (or speech) marks at the beginning and end

OOPS! :blush: I'm sure you'll be able to laugh at yourself too or I wouldn't have mentioned it, lol! ;)

LOOPYLISA
20-06-2010, 11:13 AM
She's just being honest about what she wants, so she doesn't waste her own or prospective CM's time I think.

Sadly there are childminders cannot spell or use basic grammar. Some even write and speak in "textese"! CMs that fit into this category would be no good to help a 12 year old with English homework but could be fabulous at caring for little ones. It's all about knowing our strengths and weaknesses.

WRT the numbers 'mistake': Maybe one of the kids lives with its father or has grown up and left home. Whilst she is the mother, the child may not be dependent on her so she would have 3 dependent kids but 4 altogether. Maybe she just didn't hit the right key and didn't proof read it...

P.S. People in glass houses should not throw stones!
aren't has an 'e' in it

a quote should be introduced with a colon not a semicolon

The quote should also have quote (or speech) marks at the beginning and end

OOPS! :blush: I'm sure you'll be able to laugh at yourself too or I wouldn't have mentioned it, lol! ;)

I agree, she just wants the best for her son :thumbsup:

brightstar
20-06-2010, 11:19 AM
That would put me out of the running then, I don't do homework - thats the parents responsibility :blush:

singlewiththree
20-06-2010, 12:54 PM
It just made me laugh that she has 3 children, but 2 live with her and 2 don't doesnt that = 4 :clapping:

sarah707
20-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Maybe she's had someone in the past who hasn't been able to help??

Personally if she wants that, then the child needs a tutor ... plus a childminder.

I will help with the odd answer but I don't profess to know enough about everything and usually suggest they look it up for themselves!

:D

Mouse
20-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I have a 12 year old myself, so know the sort of homework involved.

I also know many wonderful childminders, but I have to be honest, a lot of them wouldn't be able to help with his homework. Perhaps this mum could have worded her add slightly differently, but I can see what she's asking.
I don't think it's my place to help with a child's homework, but if that's what a parent wants & the childminder is willing to do it, I don't think it's unreasonable to be so specific.

Perhaps she could also have asked for someone "bright enough" to help her with her maths skills :laughing:

Curly Quavers
20-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Perhaps she could also have asked for someone "bright enough" to help her with her maths skills :laughing:

I agree :thumbsup:

karen m
20-06-2010, 07:19 PM
i agree with onceinabluemoon,think we all want what is best for our children

Mookins
20-06-2010, 07:53 PM
what's "md"

x x x

onceinabluemoon
20-06-2010, 07:58 PM
managing director I think. x