PDA

View Full Version : Wording help please to change hours

lissy
19-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Hiya, i am hoping someone can help me word a letter to some parents as i am having to cut down my working hours from september, meaning i will no longer be able to do before school hours and i would like to close one day a week.

This will mainly affect one family of which i have their son 7.30 - 9 and daughter 7.30 - 1.30 every day. Term time only.

I was going to put the change of hours into my newsletter but then thought maybe i should be doing more of a letter to this specific family as it will affect them and do i need to give notice (even though the change wont happen till september)??

I am cutting down these hours due to my dd having a few problems at the moment and starting a new school in sepetmber. After a lot of very stressful times worrying about what to do and whether i should put money (this family is my main income) before my daughters happiness. But have come to think that we will all be a lot less stressed if we have that family time where i can concentrate on my own children before starting my day.

The Juggler
19-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Does this mean you'll have to lose them completely?

if it were me hon, I'd sit down mum and tell her due to personal circumstances you were having to cut down working hours.

Tell her what you have planned. Then follow up in a few days with the letter confirming what you plan to do.:)

gigglinggoblin
20-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I think it would be nicer to talk to them in person, put it in the newsletter for anyone it doesnt affect but I would be upset if I got a newletter like that and I am sure the first thing they will want to do is talk to you to check. Then it can be simply ' please note from Septmeber my working hours will be....' without it upsetting anyone. I am sure they will appreciate extra notice to find other arrangements

lissy
21-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Right, i had a chat with mum this morning explaining my position and said i would put it in writing too so she has the official 4 weeks notice change of hours. It looks like i will lose them completely but who knows???

Heres what i have written in the letter so far

I am writing as per our conversation on the 21st June, to confirm in writing that due to personal circumstances I will be adjusting my opening hours from 1st September.

The new hours will be 9am – 6pm Mon – Thur.

I understand that this will impact on our current contract and therefore giving you as much notice as possible.

I understand you will need time to discuss and look into your options,
THEN WHAT DO I PUT AS I NEED TO KNOW IF THEY WILL STILL NEED ME OR WHETHER THEY WILL GO ELSEWHERE?????

The Juggler
21-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Right, i had a chat with mum this morning explaining my position and said i would put it in writing too so she has the official 4 weeks notice change of hours. It looks like i will lose them completely but who knows???

Heres what i have written in the letter so far

I am writing as per our conversation on the 21st June, to confirm in writing that due to personal circumstances I will be adjusting my opening hours from 1st September.

The new hours will be 9am – 6pm Mon – Thur.

I understand that this will impact on our current contract and therefore giving you as much notice as possible.

I understand you will need time to discuss and look into your options,
THEN WHAT DO I PUT AS I NEED TO KNOW IF THEY WILL STILL NEED ME OR WHETHER THEY WILL GO ELSEWHERE?????

I would say that if this poses any problems with regards to their working commitments, you would be happy to help them find alternative care for Fridays. Offer this up front they might take you up on it rather than just going looking elshwere for the 5 days.