PDA

View Full Version : Family Information Service

teacake2
19-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi, is it just me or is anyone else having problems with this again. I had the usual problems at the start, living 4 miles from my home, not in the correct area but I eventually got this sorted after about 3 months, I looked on the site to-day and I have totally disappeared altogether now!! I now I felt light-headed and a bit woozy to-day because of the new pain killers I have been given but it seems they have done more than I thought and I am now just a figment of my imagination:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I have signed up with them to be able to amend my details without having to go through them (when it gets working) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Still just think if I don't really exist I won't have any paperwork to do:clapping: :clapping:
Teacake2

sarah707
19-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm still on mine!!

I'd give them a ring on Monday if I were you... it's not good to be a figment :panic:

Hope you are not too whoozy to be enjoying the weekend :D

TheBTeam
19-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I put a thread on earlier under Direct.gov saying exactly the same thing today having tried to find myself and dh, i complained a couple of months ago and they assured me it was fixed and going to be okay, well lo and behold NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patevans
19-06-2010, 04:06 PM
My listing has disapeared :angry:

moljak
19-06-2010, 04:30 PM
i dissappeared twice recently, rang them and got put back on.Yesterday and today all local childminders have gone barr 1!!!
Bet she's popular.
They must be sorting something for 10 pages of minders to disappear.Will ring them Monday though incase they don't know.

miffy
19-06-2010, 04:39 PM
It's very hit and miss - sometimes it tells me there are no childminders in my postcode area and other times a whole list comes up :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
19-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not on it anymore either.

Apparently the nearest CM to my postcode is 6 miles away. I *know* there are at least 5 closer than that!

Waste of space. No wonder I no longer get calls. Yet again the government let down the people they're supposed to be helping. I notice all the playgroups, nurseries etc dont get this problem though, wonder if its cos they pay more in tax...

TammyN
19-06-2010, 05:00 PM
i have had loads of trouble with this, ive been missing and reappearing at least 4 times that i know about:angry: when i ring fis they pas the buck, ive emailed direct.gov and they do the same, it's crazy!!

suzyblue
21-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Ive disappeared too - will ring them later.......:angry:

flowerpots
21-06-2010, 09:50 AM
hi guys,

this is going to sound ridiculous but how do i check if im on the fis, ive been trying to check for a while but cant even bring up a list of childminders.:blush:

venus89
21-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I was told the other day that the FIS are duty bound to make the search come up random. So you'll get a list of all childminders in, say, a 5 mile radius but you won't necessarily be at the top as they have to randomise the results......

However, if you're not there then that's really random!