PDA

View Full Version : Directgov childcare search

TheBTeam
19-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Well despite months ago being promised that they were solving the problem of childminders not showing up on the search under their postcode/town, my dh and i still dont show up, so we wont be getting any business from there!:angry: :mad:

teacake2
19-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry I didn't see your thread and hope you don't think I did another thread on purpose, I was on there correctly after a long time of not being but to-day I have disappeared, so no hope really is there?
Teacake2

AliceK
19-06-2010, 02:32 PM
No I'm not on there still either. I don't think I've ever been on there :angry:
USELESS :censored:

xxxx

TheBTeam
19-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I was on there but didnt live near my dh and we didnt even live near to our own postcode, but my lovely childminding friends lived nearer me than i do and nearer me than my dh!

Well a couple of months ago dh and I (and i guess a select few others), and we are still missing in the eather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will try calling them Monday for some more 'flannel'!:angry: :angry: It might explain my lack of calls, i simply can not understand why they got rid of the old system which actually worked, launched this which far from improving and solving the problems, has just wiped us out!!!!!

patevans
19-06-2010, 04:06 PM
My listing has disapeared now :angry: I updated my details 2 weeks ago as I have 3 full time spaces available...what are they playing at?

miffy
19-06-2010, 04:55 PM
My listing has disapeared now :angry: I updated my details 2 weeks ago as I have 3 full time spaces available...what are they playing at?

It's a bit hit and miss here too - soemtimes it says there are no childminders in my postcode area and sometimes there's a long list :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
19-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Apparently no childminders in my area either and there are at least 6!! No wonder we never get calls anymore :(

Playmate
19-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I was on there but didnt live near my dh and we didnt even live near to our own postcode, but my lovely childminding friends lived nearer me than i do and nearer me than my dh!

Well a couple of months ago dh and I (and i guess a select few others), and we are still missing in the eather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will try calling them Monday for some more 'flannel'!:angry: :angry: It might explain my lack of calls, i simply can not understand why they got rid of the old system which actually worked, launched this which far from improving and solving the problems, has just wiped us out!!!!!

Same here! there are 44 CM's that live nearer to my address than I do and hubby comes up about 30 before me. I must admit I don't think many parents are using it though, its to complicated for people to get the info they want. Looking at the amount of people registering with Childcare.co.uk I think people are turning to this as an easier option.

Carol M
19-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I have just checked mine. For the first time ever it is right :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Have also found me on the new Department for Education site, not sure how I got there tho!:blush:
I did notice that the date of update was 18.6.10. i have also checked other minders and it's looking ok.Hope your areas follow quickly.
Carol x

rachelle
19-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm listed under hampshire - that's a good 50 miles from West Sussex where I live - been told it's cause I live near the border and they can't change it :angry:

SammyM
19-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes according to direct.gov I live 5 miles away from my own postcode?!?!

moljak
19-06-2010, 08:42 PM
i live 7 miles from my postcode.When I'm listed that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donkey
19-06-2010, 10:03 PM
the reason for this is because they dont want to pin point exactly where we live as we work in our own homes. it will just give parents a rough idea of where we are. I know its not ideal but its better than every tom, rick and harry knowing which part of a road you are on, it wouldnt take much for them to figure your routine out and do something if so wanted.

I would rather be protected to be honest!!!

we as cm's are quite vunerable really!!

Millenium
20-06-2010, 06:13 AM
As the data is supplied by our local county council to the central database, I am not sure it there are therefore regional variations with the problems. This morning, if I enter my postcode, it tells me there are no providers but if I enter my suburb of the main town, I am listed about 7th and if I enter my main postal town I am on there but of course further down the list. So it seems for me at least, it is just the postcode that will not produce a result today. Normally, the postcode works fine for me and I am listed first so I don't know what the problem is today.

heatherw
20-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I dont like the fact that they list them alphabetically. My surname begins with W so Ive got no chance of being seen!!

suzyblue
21-06-2010, 06:51 AM
I was on there but Im not now!!

marian
21-06-2010, 06:57 AM
I am listed at living 1 mile from my own post code:angry: yet a fellow childminder who lives a good 1/2 hours walk away is top of the list when my post code is typed in:panic:

Marian x

louise
21-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I had loads of problems and i was listed 201 on my own postcode. I rang and i still came up 100 odd and they changed my details to contact them rather then my phone no ect. After complaining they have changed it so i'm top of the list. I was also told that it will be changing again soon!

kellym3
21-06-2010, 12:48 PM
:angry: yep me too about 8 cm away from my own postcode as alphabetically im an M very annoying not that i have ever had a phone call through them but still not good.

Jules12Wed
21-06-2010, 04:15 PM
We have about 200 that all live 1 mile from my postcode i'm about 100 on the list. Ours are listed alphabetically by first name though.

Millenium
21-06-2010, 07:10 PM
It is clearly so dependent on the input from your local county council into the central database. At present, all is working for me. The road I live in (just a few houses) has its own postcode and not surprisingly, me and my neighbour come top of the list when you put in the postcode.

However, I would not imagine many people looking for childcare would search on a postcode unless they were looking for a childminder in the immediate vicinity of where they themselves live and then they would use their own postcode - they are more likely to use a village or town name. They might use a postcode if they were looking for a minder near to their place of work that they could do the drop off immediately prior to starting work.

Keep in regular contact with your county council and put the pressure on them because presumably all the county councils are being rebilled for this central government service which in the end means we are all paying for it through our council taxes.