PDA

View Full Version : ELC farm set

sweets
19-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Has anyone got the elc cobblestone farm set?

ive just been into town and popped in elc as you do! lol. they had the farm on offer for £40 reduced from £45 and with it you got a free animal set worth £15.

just wondered what its like, like most decent toys it says its from 3+ but id like to know if it will stand up to 18mnth old playing with it (of course i would remove any little pieces)

nannysue
19-06-2010, 11:18 AM
I have had the ELC farm for many years and all ages play with it , most of the pieces are large and robust , but as you say you would remove any pieces not appropriate for the age group playing with it . There is a crow( or some sort of bird) that sits on the roof and the duck on the pond.. thats quite small .

I'm sure your little ones will love it ,:thumbsup:

sweets
19-06-2010, 11:26 AM
is yours the cobblestone farm set tho? ive just read the reveiws on it on the elc site and they are not good!

sandy64
19-06-2010, 12:00 PM
hi i have the elc one just looked on box its last yrs wooden adventure one i got the free £15 animals it doesnt say cobblestone on box but mine isnt brill it falls to bits when the 3yr olds play with it it takes ages to put together if i had room i would of super glued it would of been better hopefully the one you want is different :)

Roseolivia
19-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I bought this for Rose (3yrs) but the mindees play with it (18mth, 10mths). It does fall apart if you pick it up but it's one of them that slot together rather than being already built. All the kids here love it.

nannysue
19-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Ohhh just had a look at Cobblestone Farm and its nothing like mine !!!
Just checked and i have the Goosefeather Farm set that can connect onto the Happyland track . but just looked at that on the ELC site and its totally different now . Mine must be older than i realised ,:D but i do know that they have a lot of Goosefeather Farms on EBay .

nannysue
19-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Have a look at this one .... Ebay 307396609196 ( sorry can't do links:blush: )

Some of them have bits missing but this is a nice one .

margaret
19-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I bought cobblestone farm in January and ended up taking it back as it fell apart very easily ,although it was fine for the older kids.I bought one from ebay second hand for 40.00 called middlebrook farm ,i know it retails new at 90.00 - 100.00 but its absolutely brilliant and kids have it out all the time,a friend has the next set down which she bought new from play plan and she says it was worth the money.

miffy
19-06-2010, 04:45 PM
hi i have the elc one just looked on box its last yrs wooden adventure one i got the free £15 animals it doesnt say cobblestone on box but mine isnt brill it falls to bits when the 3yr olds play with it it takes ages to put together if i had room i would of super glued it would of been better hopefully the one you want is different :)

I've got that one and it's no good for littlies because it falls to bits too easily.

It would be too big to store if I glued it all together!

Miffy xx

sweets
19-06-2010, 04:46 PM
thanks everyone. I think i will avoid it as i want it to be used by all ages and it sounds like it wouldnt stand up to the play of 2 year olds! lol.

i will keep looking esp on ebay.

crazyhazy
19-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't have a farm yet but have been doing lots of searching cos I want to get my dd2 one for her 2nd birthday soon. I've come across this one which looks great and the animals which go with it are fab!

http://littlefishtoys.co.uk/Role-Play-Girls-Farm/c6_154_130/p1210/Oldfield-Farm-John-Crane/product_info.html

I didn't consider the elc one cos it looked a bit flimsy.

PixiePetal
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I sort of have my own old farm set :clapping:

Well actually its a copy as my dad gave mine away when he sorted the loft when I left home :(

Luckily my sister had made a copy for her NNEB course and as her kids never played with it, she gave it to me :)

Need more animals to add to it