PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE REALLY NEEDED PLEASE

flowerpots
19-06-2010, 07:19 AM
HI GUYS,

Dont know if any of you who are on this morning saw my thread yesterday but i had a bad experience with a parent and after a n ight of thinking i now waqnt out of the contract, i was just wondering if i hav to give 30days notice or i could just terminat with immediate effect?

thank you for any advice:o

miffy
19-06-2010, 07:32 AM
You normally have to give whatever notice period you've got on your contract unless the child's behaviour is such that it is impacting on the care of other children you look after and even then to be water tight you need to have this in the contract or in your policy statement that parent signed.

I would contact your insurers for advice.

Miffy xx

wellybelly
19-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I hope i've got the right thread - it was worst day??

Bless you, it's obviously been playing on your mind. The parent said they were going to terminate did'nt they? Take it as that if you're happy to do so. I have an exclusion policy that states any abusive language, behaviour blah blah blah by the parents or child will not be tollerated and I will terminate the contract with immediate affect. At the end of the day she had an outburst in front of the kids and in my eyes that is unnaceptable.

onceinabluemoon
19-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Did you feel threatened or intimidated in any way?

If so then I'd ring your insurers and ask if you can terminate with immediate effect because of this.

I also have it written into policies that unacceptable violent or abusive behaviour form either a parent or child will result in termination of contract with immediate effect.

kindredspirits
19-06-2010, 08:06 AM
if you are happy to forgoe your notice period fees then i would simply pop a letter through her door saying that due to her threatening outburst yesterday you are accepting her termination of contract with immediate effect and she owes you xx to bring fees up to date (if she does).

sandy64
19-06-2010, 08:16 AM
hi hun sorry to hear your having a bad time i would write a letter to mum saying yesterday 18 june you verbally terminated contract i except this and under the circumctances if you agree(your covering yourself) contract is terminated with immediate affect and i will not be recovering the x amount notice fees. please sign,date below form. then if you have any monies outstanding you can write another letter and ask for that.hope your ok its a horrible thing for you to go through try and enjoy your weekend.:)

The Juggler
19-06-2010, 09:00 AM
hi hon. well she gave you notice so you could turn it around send her a letter accepting her verbal termination of the contract on xxx June 2010. you could say 'given the circumstances, I am prepared to forego the notice period and terminate with immediate effect if that is what you would prefer'.

I am sure she would take you up on it. Make sure you include an invoice and bill her for the taxi!

madredann
19-06-2010, 11:40 AM
It is really sad isnt it. I think once something like this has happened there is no going back-there is no trust and the worry of this happening again will never go away and it will always be playing on your mind...the arrangement has been spoilt by what has happened. All i would say is that if she owes you a lot of money and you can bear to wait until she has at least paid you I would to ensure you have been paid if you know what I mean sometimes if you rush in with a termination you will not see your money that you have worked hard for(from personal experience). If it is not alot of money or you could do without it or cant bear to look after her children anymore as you would have to deal with the parent then terminate or accept her termination.
Hope it all turns out for you. Unfortunately the parent will probably carry on treating her children like this and just send them somewhere else...its the children you feel sorry for isnt it
Julie

flowerpots
20-06-2010, 09:12 AM
hi guys, thank you all for your advice, got in contact with the parents yesterday and she apologised and asked me to carry on minding for her, i just informed herthat due to the outburst i am accepting her termination of contract and will be working the 30 days notice period, any more outbursts and the contract will be terminated with immediate effect, wrote it all up in a letter and she signed and accepted.

thank you all so much for the much needed advice, it REALLY helped (and calmed me down):thumbsup:

Mookins
20-06-2010, 09:16 AM
goos for you sticking to your guns like that

we dont get paid enough to put up with any of that

x x

Blue Boy
20-06-2010, 01:05 PM
It sounds the best thing all round. You are not in the business of having to put yourself under any undue pressure:angry: